BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
First of all, if I am buying new, I would opt for 2011 because it is a new body (more $$ on resale) unless you have reservations against it (didn't research 528s), I believe the invoice is around 43K with those options. 2nd: Yes you can go lower for 2010 model, i would start @38,500 - don't fall for the "how much monthly pymnt can you afford or not much diff in pymnts for another 2K"...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree...forget the MSRP and Invoice Price and start at, maybe, 38K. This is an outgoing model and you're probably getting one of the last E60s ever built.

Which dealer are you working with in the DC area?

·
Registered
695 Posts
2010 BMW 528i
MSRP $54,000. Dealer won't budge at $44,000.
This one has Sport Package w/ Navigation.
Good deal?
They are going to eventually sell every last E60. I'd grab this one. The prices on the F10s are much higher.

·
Registered
422 Posts
528is are out there in droves at low prices. I have found lots of 08s with less than 30,000 miles for about $28k. You can find an 09 with about 15-20,000 miles for about $35,000. I would rather pay $35k for an 09 than $44 for a 2010 model. If you want Sport (and I would), Heated Seats, or Nav, you will have to pay a bit more for all these.

But that's me.:D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
2010 BMW 528i
MSRP $54,000. Dealer won't budge at $44,000.
This one has Sport Package w/ Navigation.
Good deal?
Sounds good to me; you can try harder for lower price or wait, but overall you are getting one of the most reliable 5 series model with the right package.

Especially if you plan to keep the car in the long run, buying this will ensure that you can do all the right maintenance (aka break-in fluid change), while a used 5 series will certainly NOT have the proper maintenance done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i did it! i pulled the trigger. i'm a proud owner of a new 2010 528i. now where did all my money go?
Congrats! Time to take it for a ride on 267 (dulles toll road) or 495 (hate it - a construction site) to indulge in some break in exercises :thumbup:
Or better yet, on an early saturday or sunday: from DC take key bridge > GW (awesome) > Chain Bridge south exit > 193 Georgetown pike (Breathtaking curves) thru Mc Lean, Great falls to Reston. Report back! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
i did it! i pulled the trigger. i'm a proud owner of a new 2010 528i. now where did all my money go?
congratulations!
I have found asking the internet for opinions on a 'good deal' doesn't help much.
As long as it's within the budget YOU have decided on, and it's the car YOU like, then it's a good buy.

ENJOY and post pics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just signed paperwork on an 08 BMW 535xi. Has all the goodies. Nav, Sirius, cold weather. 13500 miles. 36895 + 1760 for Cpo. I'm feeling good right now. Should have it early next week. Please don't ruin it. I thought that was a fair price.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Congrats! Time to take it for a ride on 267 (dulles toll road) or 495 (hate it - a construction site) to indulge in some break in exercises :thumbup:
Or better yet, on an early saturday or sunday: from DC take key bridge > GW (awesome) > Chain Bridge south exit > 193 Georgetown pike (Breathtaking curves) thru Mc Lean, Great falls to Reston. Report back! :)
Enjoy your new ride I know your going to love it, btw if you take the ride this poster is suggesting be real careful lots of cops out there just dying to make your acquaintance.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Congrats. Now make sure to join BMWCCA if you haven't, and get to know your local chapter members.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't believe it until I see pics! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.