BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Laughs about paint job comment ;)

Those look like solid rubber tires; talk about your low-profile!

·
///M 'n it up!
1,738 Posts
Realizing that this is a mule, and that visual characteristics are supposed to throw off the looks, here's some interesting points.

1) It has the same single outlet dual exhaust that the 335i has, which should be a pretty big hint about the engine. Obviously the current 3.0si replacement.

2) The antenna is in a VERY weird spot. I understand that this is a mule, but even then its still extremely odd.

3) That appears to be a folding hardtop. Or maybe a very shiny, very smooth soft top... But I don't see any support ridges, and there's a nice groove where the hardtop would fold back.

·
Escape Artist®
616 Posts
I like it well enough, but not well enough to buy it.

I'd rather have a '01 or '02 M Coupe or Roadster and I'll continue looking for one.. I am grateful they've left the styling pretty close to the cars we're driving now so as not to date our rides so much.

·
Calvinball Professional
1,104 Posts
Looks like their camo guys have resorted to buying contact paper.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
This seems to be the new standard issue BMW camouflage these days. It screams LOOK AT ME... I'M A PROTOTYPE!! I agree on the exhaust hinting of the TT motor. Looks kind of like a mini 6 series vert.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This seems to be the new standard issue BMW camouflage these days. It screams LOOK AT ME... I'M A PROTOTYPE!! I agree on the exhaust hinting of the TT motor. Looks kind of like a mini 6 series vert.
Yes it causes attention, but then the lines of the car are lost in all of the busy-ness. With just standard black vinyl camo the straps can come loose, the lines are not well hidden, the vinyl has to be custom fitted. With this all you need is contact paper and a razor to fit it.

·
Luv'in Texas
1,001 Posts
2) The antenna is in a VERY weird spot. I understand that this is a mule, but even then its still extremely odd.
If you are talking about the one on the driver's side, It is in the same place as the earlier mules. They moved it further up because the trunk lid is larger to hold the folding hardtop. This was more noticeable on the earlier pictures.

·
Luv'in Texas
1,001 Posts
looks like the hood lifts up from the windshield and goes forward. The lines on the hood appear to be fake.

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Interesting to see dual pipes out back (335i/135i)...things to come?
Hate the side mirrors, really hope they DO NOT do that.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
I like, I want, I will get.

End of story.

Ed

·
Fight On!
1,559 Posts
It's a bit too early to tell, but here're some random thoughts:

1. The car seems to be a tad bigger than the current generation (I wish it wasn't :mad:).

2. If I were buying a roadster, I want mine with a soft-top. If I wanted a hard-top version, I would have gotten a MB instead. If BMW really makes it a hard-top covertible, will they make the coupe version?

3. The blind spot seems to be much smaller than the current Z4. :thumbup:

4. What's with those ugly yellow side blinkers on back mirrors? :confused:

5. The controversial 45* line seems to be gone. I guess it could be a good thing since it has been one of the most talked about and polarizing design elements.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.