BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the market for a new car. Right now I have a 2000 CLK 430.

I am interested in the 335 vert, 550, or 650. I know this is a wide range of cars, but the 335 vert appeals to me because of the hardtop. I have not owned a vert so I am unsure I would like a ragtop like a 6er as an everyday car. The 335 hardtop seems to be the best of both worlds. So I have a few questions:

1. What do you expect the MSRP will be for the 335i vert?

2. How do you think the trunk space & backseat space will compare with the 650?

3. Will the ride quality between the 650 & 335 vert be dramatically different?

4. Is the 650 so good that it trumps the hardtop difference?

I realize the 650 is the most elite car, but I actually think I might enjoy a sporty 335 vert that can be both a coupe & vert in one.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Mick:dunno:

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
1. See http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1800064&postcount=1

2. 650 is a bigger car, backseat is bigger (I've been in both). I would imagine the trunk is larger in the 650 as well.

3. Ride quality will be excellent in both.

4. "so good" is "so subjective" :D

Personally, I prefer a soft top - weighs less. My concern with the hard top on the 335 would be the first year bugs.

Also, when I have the top up on my 330cic it feels quite like a coupe...its at least triple lined and inside no sign of the mechanicals. Nothing like a Mustang...

·
Registered
356 Posts
When the 335vert comes out, I would test drive all 3 cars and see which one you like the best. I don't blame you for looking at cars in different classes- The three cars I compared included an M3, 530xi, and a 330xi.

When I was in England, I had an e46 320d vert and I was shocked how quiet the softtop was at highway cruising speeds in excess of 120mph. That being said, here are some of my thoughts for your questions:

1. I expect the 335 vert optioned out to be in the $50K neighborhood

2. Trunk space and backseat in the 335 will be much more limited than the 650. Not only is it smaller but you need some place to put the hardtop roof. You will be lucky to get one set of golf clubs in the 335

3. Ride quality between a 650 and 335 will be different. The 650 is more of a grand tourer with a very refined ride w/ tremendous power and pull. The 335 will be nimble, sporty, and peppy. Some of us prefer the latter but all of us appreciate the former.

Drive all three and you will realize quickly which car is right for you.

mickbimmer said:
I have been in the market for a new car. Right now I have a 2000 CLK 430.

I am interested in the 335 vert, 550, or 650. I know this is a wide range of cars, but the 335 vert appeals to me because of the hardtop. I have not owned a vert so I am unsure I would like a ragtop like a 6er as an everyday car. The 335 hardtop seems to be the best of both worlds. So I have a few questions:

1. What do you expect the MSRP will be for the 335i vert?

2. How do you think the trunk space & backseat space will compare with the 650?

3. Will the ride quality between the 650 & 335 vert be dramatically different?

4. Is the 650 so good that it trumps the hardtop difference?

I realize the 650 is the most elite car, but I actually think I might enjoy a sporty 335 vert that can be both a coupe & vert in one.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Mick:dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts