Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Just purchased a CPO 328d (black/black with sports and premium packages) yesterday. Coming from an Infiniti G37S coupe, it's quite a difference, but I really enjoy the drive, and even more so, the fuel economy. :)

Couple of quick questions: Does anyone know (or can direct me to some good resources) about BMW's diesel exhaust emissions? Specifically, this is my first diesel vehicle, and I've always heard that diesel exhaust fumes are more toxic/cancer-causing than gas motors. But it feels like those reports are about older diesel tech, and I can't find anything specific to BMW other than they use DEF, SCR, and particulate filters to help reduce this. Does anyone know how these new "clean diesel's" compare nowadays to gas in this regard?

Also, when I parked in the garage last night, there was a strong smell. At first I thought it was diesel, but when I popped the hood, it smelled like a burning plastic or rubber smell (left side of the engine bay as you face the car, I think where the exhaust piping is, right around where the turbo is located). Seems to radiate more with the heat of the engine. I couldn't see any leaks anywhere, but no clue if this is normal. Hopefully someone can chime in?

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
Congratulations on your new 3 Series diesel, but you are in the wrong section. Unfortunately, you posted in the 2 Series section, not the 3 Series section so I doubt you'll get much help here.

I think you belong over here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Good luck with your questions there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man! Thanks for letting me know. I'll repost it there. If any mods see this, I guess this one can be deleted. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts