Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes Alan,

Had it for about 72 hours now!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys,

Got stuck late in the O.R. last night with a double lung transplant.

Hopefully, I can actually go home today and upload the digital pics.

The car is gorgeous! Already got a bird crap spot that won't come off.

I couldn't be happier with the steering in the car.

I do miss the S-03 Pole Positions on the '01 330i.

Pics are coming!

·
Registered
75 Posts
RChoudry:
You must learn to put things in priority. A double lung transplant over a BMW picture. What kind of BMW owner are you. You have disgraced us all.:tsk:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
JerryL said:
RChoudry:
You must learn to put things in priority. A double lung transplant over a BMW picture. What kind of BMW owner are you. You have disgraced us all.:tsk:
this is true, Jerry makes a good point . . . now when are you going to give us the details over each and every aspect comparing the 01 sedan vs the 02 coupe . . . for you to put this together might be even more work then all those years you spent at med school ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's kinda like getting a dual degree! Surgery and e46!

I find that I spend equal time on both!

You guys are right, a comparison post is long overdue! The differences between the two cars is quite noticeable. As soon as I can get out of here, I'll start posting!

Thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I've got a second:

I got a 2002 (May production) 330ci, Jet Black, Black Leather, Sport package, Premium package, Xenons, Heated seats.

Kicked myself after realizing I actually did like the headlamp washers so I went out and bought the trim panel, had it painted Jet black by a BMW certified shop and will install it for the look when I get a chance.

The suspension is better and sweeter than the sedan I used to have. It is much more supple, absorbs the bumps real gently, but with much less body roll and is overall much more composed than the previous car even with S-03's.

The steering, albeit, much, much, much quicker, with nary a deadspot in sight, is a bit lighter than the defective retrofit rack I previously had. It is not obstrusive though because you can feel every road surfacec, bump texture, and responsiveness is immediate. There is minimal bumpsteer and nooooo tramlining with this car. It points and shoots!

The interior feels overall the same, however interior dimensions are a bit tighter, and the seat is a lot tougher to find a perfect position with for some reason. I'm sure I'll get it soon.

I'll post more later.....

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
RChoudry said:

The interior feels overall the same, however interior dimensions are a bit tighter, and the seat is a lot tougher to find a perfect position with for some reason. I'm sure I'll get it soon.

It's funny you say this because I found the exact opposite to be true.

This definitely goes to prove that once you're comfortable in one body style, the other one takes some getting used to.

Whenever I get into a sedan I am not comfortable and I feel like it's too tight fitting (maybe it has something to do with the B pillar being so close) Anyway, after driving it for a few days in a row, I adjust to it and it gets to be comfortable.

So in other words, your going to get used to it over time and when you get back into a sedan, you are going to feel uncomfortable or maybe I should say 'not as comfortable'

·
Registered
144 Posts
RChoudry said:
Kicked myself after realizing I actually did like the headlamp washers so I went out and bought the trim panel, had it painted Jet black by a BMW certified shop and will install it for the look when I get a chance.

RChoudry-

Do I understand you correctly to be saying that you are having bodywork done to mimic the look of the little doors for the headlight washers???

To each his own, but I gotta tell you that strikes me as nuts. It seems like an awful lot of effort and expense to go through to provide "faux headlight washers". Do those creases beneath the lights really change the look of the car to your eyes?

Well, different strokes for different folks I guess :) . Congratulations on the new ride - black on black looks great and driving these cars is pure pleasure.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
E46 in Philly said:

RChoudry-

Do I understand you correctly to be saying that you are having bodywork done to mimic the look of the little doors for the headlight washers???

To each his own, but I gotta tell you that strikes me as nuts. It seems like an awful lot of effort and expense to go through to provide "faux headlight washers". Do those creases beneath the lights really change the look of the car to your eyes?

Well, different strokes for different folks I guess :) . Congratulations on the new ride - black on black looks great and driving these cars is pure pleasure.
I thought he meant we order the jets to install later, but maybe I am wrong???????? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes, the jets will be going in eventually.

Well, still haven't gone home yet. Heart transplant came in at 1 AM and I just got out to take a break.

Pics will come soon!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was home friday night and half of saturday, but been here since.

Hopefully, nothing tonight and I can go home.

Car has 116 miles

·
Registered
144 Posts
RChoudry-

I hope you get some time off soon to spend with your new toy. I'm not sure who you're using for bodywork, but there is a shop behind Don Rosen BMW in Bala Cynwyd that did a good job with some minor work I had done on a previous car.

Maybe I'll see you on the roads sometime. I live in Center City and drive a triple black 330 cab with non-factory wheels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.