BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I collected my new E90 330i last week and i love the car. I am a UK expat living in Saudi Arabia and i traded my E46 325i for the 330i and I can't believe how far advanced the E90 is compared to the E46 (also a great car).

I have iDrive/Nav/Bluetooth etc etc however I'm having some difficulty with the speed limit warning as it has been set at 120kph and I can't get any success in trying to reset it to a higher speed. I have successfully changed it in iDrive and the screen shows the new limit (135kph) but the chime still comes at 120 and "LIMIT" is displayed in the dash controls in a red circle and the monitor says "Speed limit exceeded" along the bottom of the screen. I believe all Middle East cars have to conform to some kind of warning at over 120kph therefore I guess this has been done by BMW? Does anyone know how to overcome this as it is a bit annoying, especially with the monitor as the CD-track-clock info is covered over by the "Speed limit exceeded" info and is not shown until I reduce speed below 120? It's not the end of the world but I would like to get rid of this chime at this low speed for the future.

BTW, I have used the voice command to change the limit successfully and also the "accept current speed" function and the monitor shows the new limits I have input. It still chimes at 120????

Any help would be much appreciated.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gripster for the reply - I was afraid this was going to be true!!

Interestingly, the E46 325i had a similar set-up but after passing through 120kph the dash display would show the limit in flashing digits with the same chime but after 5 seconds or so it would return to the normal display (outside temp, clock etc). It would remain like this until I reduced speed below 120 and then same again as I increased speed. It's odd that the new car doesn't behave like this and blocks my view of the preferred information on the dash display and the monitor continually until I reduce below 120??? I assumed that this was a program entry that could be changed. The dealer can't (won't) help.

Otherwise the car is fantastic and I've been pretty good with the break-in procedure. Now covered 800kms and working towards getting through the 2000kms. The car is Monaco blue with individual interior and she has just about every option I can think of - truly a great car!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.