BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at the dealer I was given information about an Original Owner and Protection Program and Extended Maintenance for 100K/6yr. I was also given information for a program for $690 for unlmited tire and wheel replacement for 5 years unless tread is below 3/32"

My questions are after researching on google and bimmerfest:

* Is the tire and wheel warranty worth it for Phoenix area with 18" + runflats?

* How long can I wait until I decide about the extended warranty/extended maintenace?

* Is it a good idea to opt for those coverages?

* And what should I pay for them, if I choose to from invoice to msrp?

Thanks...

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
yzandrl said:
While at the dealer I was given information about an Original Owner and Protection Program and Extended Maintenance for 100K/6yr. I was also given information for a program for $690 for unlmited tire and wheel replacement for 5 years unless tread is below 3/32"

My questions are after researching on google and bimmerfest:

* Is the tire and wheel warranty worth it for Phoenix area with 18" + runflats?

* How long can I wait until I decide about the extended warranty/extended maintenace?

* Is it a good idea to opt for those coverages?

* And what should I pay for them, if I choose to from invoice to msrp?

Thanks...
On the tire/wheel warranty, I got it and it only covers the original tires (wheels too if they get damaged, e.g. pothole) and it covers for road hazards, not normal wear. The 5 years is useless since the tire tread will be below the 3/32" around 25k miles. However, since you are on run-flats 2 or 3 bad nails could cover the cost for you. $690 seems high though. I paid $425, but again mine weren't run-flats. If it was me, I wouldn't pay that much. I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the warranty. Shop around on the internet.

·
your average JAMF
1,227 Posts
By all means, get a clear bra, and don't wait! Absolute necessity here.

Ultrashield of Phx did mine as well as my previous car. They're in Scottsdale right behind BMW North Scottsdale. Tell 'em Kevin from Chandler sent you (silver 330i, blue Golf R32) and they'll give you a nice referral discount.. website here:

http://www.ultra-shield-phoenix.com/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I scheduled an appointment for the 3M clear cover and recieved a 10% discount.

On the BMW factory warranty/maintenance is it a good idea to get it? And can I get it a year later? What is the cut off for it?

Thanks...

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can purchase the maintenance warranty at any point in time prior to the expiration of your original maintenance warranty of 4/50K! Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, what would be a wheel & tire warranty company I could check out that has a good reputation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.