BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - wanted to thank everyone with all of my purchase questions throughout the last month. We purchased a new 2018 X5 35d, which will be my wife's car in Mineral White/Mocha Interior. We saved about 24% MSRP, which seems like a great deal.

We both like diesels for their long range and torque. We had about a 45 minute drive home and the computer showed us getting almost 36 mpg! I know that is overly optimistic, but still crazy for an SUV.

The 35d seems like it will be one solid car. She has always been a Mercedes person with GL350's and last car GLC. So, she is excited to be back in diesel and to try the BMW. Technology and iDrive is definitely so much better in the BMW.

·
Glfbggy
607 Posts
Congrats to both. We now have nearly 1K on ours and it is less than 4 weeks ours... :bigpimp::thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a 2018 CPO 35d with 13k, BMW Executive car, for about 30% off MSRP. What a ride-has the Dynamic Handling Package.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Now @ 18500 mi. on my 2017 X5 35d. Best SUV I've had and I've had a bunch of 'em. It was a demo with 4800 mi. and loaded. MSRP $78760 and I paid approx. $65500 last February. Highway mileage 31+ mpg and Ive never used ECO mode. Diesel fuel about $2.60/gal here in SC.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats two both of you! Sound like great cars. Diesel has gotten cheap by me, as I paid $2.17 over the weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congrats as well to you both. I've been haggling back and forth with a dealer in the midwest on an '18 X5 D for months. I'm coming out of a '15 lease that treated me extremely well, but the payoff wasn't worth it to keep. So here's the deal on the new diesel:

MSRP: $76,310 - very loaded
OTD: $63,500 plus AS tires (staggered), they ship to me in DC area and all weather mats and trunk liner.

Looked at Jeep and Land Rover Discovery diesels recently as well. The LR drove really well, but was concerned about reliability issues with both brands after doing alot of research. The three years w/the '15 X5 D have been flawless and the vehicle is a blast to drive. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking to also buy a X5 35D, between 2015 threw 2018 can anyone comment on if 1 year has better reliability or are they all about equal, thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am looking to also buy a X5 35D, between 2015 threw 2018 can anyone comment on if 1 year has better reliability or are they all about equal, thanks
N57 diesel has been around for a while, all years should be fine. My 2015 has almost 90k with trouble free miles other than air spring leak. Make sure to maintain right and it will last.

·
Registered
376 Posts
N57 diesel has been around for a while, all years should be fine. My 2015 has almost 90k with trouble free miles other than air spring leak. Make sure to maintain right and it will last.
How long do your batteries last?
I am on original battery (stop start disabled), original brakes too that BMW refuses to replace under ext maintenance program.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Congrats all! - call RG SPort and get the RaceChip for your x5d. Try a 55-85 pass today without it, then install. Noticable difference in HP/acceleration especially at the higher speeds.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Congrats all! - call RG SPort and get the RaceChip for your x5d. Try a 55-85 pass today without it, then install. Noticable difference in HP/acceleration especially at the higher speeds.
RC is a piggy back not a true tune. It will "cheat" ECU, you will be better off flashing ECU with a true tune (ie. Malone or BPC). I used both and difference between RC and Malone is day and night (for Malone).

·
Registered
458 Posts
RC is a piggy back not a true tune. It will "cheat" ECU, you will be better off flashing ECU with a true tune (ie. Malone or BPC). I used both and difference between RC and Malone is day and night (for Malone).
Agree - but I don't/didn't want to pull ECU, ship, have flashed, etc, etc.... at the time. Not sure if you can do it on line easily now. This did everything I needed for me. And since Dinan was slow to come out with it, I was more leery ot the flashes out there as an everyday consumer.

RC works for and I'd recommend it - heck, I installed it too! :)

·
Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,391 Posts
Got ours last year and got a good deal on it two. Wife average is 26 around the city with her short runs to the post office, bank, lunch and two and from work. We took a short hop to the beach this past weekend and I reset the average and we were at 36 on the highway. It does get really great mileage around 70-75. And we got just a hair under 600 miles out of the tank. We are going to be taking a longer trip to New Orleans in a couple of months so I will get to see what it can really do. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts