BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New 535i Owner

1204 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  markl53
Hi guys,

A few months ago I received an email from BMW stating this was a good time to trade in my 08 X6 due to high resale values. I ignored it and chalked it up to basic marketing hype.

Then a few weeks ago I read where the X6 is in the top 10 list of cars for resale value. I thought hum, could this be true?

So I decided to see what it would fetch. I was stunned that a 4 year old car with 40k miles retained a whopping 70% of its value.

I was even more stunned at the price on got on a new 2011 535i. I paid less than a comparably equipped 3 series and even beat European delivery pricing.

I will post pics later.

Dark Graphite II, Black Dakota, dark wood

Premium/Sport
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Hi Chuck, welcome back to BF :)
Thanks!
You must be joking about the resale value that you got for X6. If you did really got the 70% value you must be very low balled on your 535. Any ways all that counts is your are happy
Nope, as I said I got the 5 below invoice. New dealer in town and BMW credits galore made that easy.

The X6 3.5 stickered at $68k, which I paid $65k + T&L.

They gave me $45k trade in (not bad a car almost 4 years old), and the dealer re-sold it as a CPO a week later for about $55k.

Look at the prices for CPO'd X6's. Pretty astounding.

I don't think the 5 GT will hold its value as well. There is something aboutt he X6 as Cadillac, Range Rover, Mercedes, Acura, etc. are all trying to copy it now.
You must be joking about the resale value that you got for X6. If you did really got the 70% value you must be very low balled on your 535. Any ways all that counts is your are happy
Cant figure out why someone would buy a 4 year old X6 for $55K when you can get a brand new one for 10-12K more.
Nope, as I said I got the 5 below invoice. New dealer in town and BMW credits galore made that easy.

The X6 3.5 stickered at $68k, which I paid $65k + T&L.

They gave me $45k trade in (not bad a car almost 4 years old), and the dealer re-sold it as a CPO a week later for about $55k.

Look at the prices for CPO'd X6's. Pretty astounding.

I don't think the 5 GT will hold its value as well. There is something aboutt he X6 as Cadillac, Range Rover, Mercedes, Acura, etc. are all trying to copy it now.
I suspect it is the "$10-$12k" more part. That is 20-30% more with tax and license.
Cant figure out why someone would buy a 4 year old X6 for $55K when you can get a brand new one for 10-12K more.
Yeah but there are good Nav rebates and credit like loyalty and according to true cars its like 7 K difference with todays incentive.

But i guess there are all kind of customers and according to me there are lots of people who don't do proper research. Like i just fond out my uncle in maryland was going to do a deal on a new f10 just $500 below sticker price.
I suspect it is the "$10-$12k" more part. That is 20-30% more with tax and license.
Yeah I am not sure. I know there are CPO incentives as well. So it may average out.
Yeah but there are good Nav rebates and credit like loyalty and according to true cars its like 7 K difference with todays incentive.
Because someone is at their limit already and able to get the vehicle at their limit without shelling out $10K they cannot afford. The used car market is full of people who can't afford a new version of the same model. I'm not saying everyone looking for a used car falls in this category, I'm just saying...
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.