BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the 6-series board.
I've been a longtime lurker and finally pulled the trigger on a new 650i.
Reading everyone's posts for the last month has been really helpful.

I did the deal with Philippe Kahn (a bimmerfest sponsor) and had a phenomenal experience.

Loving the car so far - the big V8 paired with a manual transmission is beyond words.

:)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
NICE! i just posted in your last post, to post some pix... got ahead of myself haha

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha no prob
must be the saddle brown. i get excited by it too! J/K

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
looolz

·
Registered
523 Posts
Is this the same Philippe Kahn of Borland?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm i don't think i know what borland is..
:dunno:
the philippe i'm referring to is a board sponsor and sells cars at south bay bmw in california.
was the best car-buying experience i've ever had.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Borland is a large software tools maker. Philippe Kahn was the erstwhile CEO, I believe.

·
Bimmer Driver
397 Posts
great looking six.....enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great looking six.....enjoy it!!!
thanks!

how do u like he manual???Are u happy with your choice
so happy. the clutch is the best i've ever experienced....it is so smooth. the shifter's throws are a little longer than say, my old M3, but that's splitting hairs. there is so much torque that i don't even have to downshift from 6th when i want to do some freeway passing. and around town it seems to have an ever-present power-band...no waiting for turbos to spool up and just, well, all-around the most perfect (is that grammatically correct??) combination of performance, features (the stitching on the leather dash is worth the price of admission alone), and fluid feel.

i had a 300zx twin turbo, in a former lifetime, and driving that thing on long windy roads or freeway stretches was fun. but in town - yuck. it was lifeless and totally pathetic until the turbos would wind up, and then it would launch like a rocket (usually right into a red light. then i'd have to basically slam on the brakes) lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Borland is a large software tools maker. Philippe Kahn was the erstwhile CEO, I believe.
i love "erstwhile" we need to hear that word more often! j/k

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats!!! I got a similar config but with cream pearl interior. How do you like the saddle brown. I seriously considered getting that but couldnt see it on the lot anywhere to feel comfortable. I never trust the website and brochures.

Do you like it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i love it. it is, by far, the best looking car i've ever owned ....and the list is long.
the tough part was finding a 6speed manual and i didn't have time to order one. in fact, i never even test drove a manual. they had to dealer trade for this car and i bought it sight unseen with my first drive being my drive off the lot. anyhow, fact of the matter is that it's a really great color and pics never do it justice.

BTW your color combo will look amazing. they had one in the exact same configuration at the dealership i picked up from (auto transmission) and it was gorgeous.

also be glad you ordered the pearl leather. the stitched leather dashboard is striking.

how long til yours arrives??

·
Registered
540 Posts
i love it. it is, by far, the best looking car i've ever owned ....and the list is long.
the tough part was finding a 6speed manual and i didn't have time to order one. in fact, i never even test drove a manual. they had to dealer trade for this car and i bought it sight unseen with my first drive being my drive off the lot. anyhow, fact of the matter is that it's a really great color and pics never do it justice.

BTW your color combo will look amazing. they had one in the exact same configuration at the dealership i picked up from (auto transmission) and it was gorgeous.

also be glad you ordered the pearl leather. the stitched leather dashboard is striking.

how long til yours arrives??
Yeah, I also saw the same cream/black combo on the lot with sport. No pearl leather though. But the color combo was awesome.

The car I test drove was a non-sport 6spd. It was sweet, but I really like the sport seats. I haven't seen pear leather yet, but am very glad to hear the Nasca leather dash looks good.

My car is awaiting carrier pickup right now. It's built but not enroute. So, I'm expecting it around mid-June. I've been tracking it on Owners Circle but it's not really accurate. So I call them every other day.

Were they able to get the color combos and options that you wanted in a dealer trade or did you make some trade offs to get it faster? I got to think it would be like finding a needle in a haystack, since there aren't a lot of 6s out there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Were they able to get the color combos and options that you wanted in a dealer trade or did you make some trade offs to get it faster? I got to think it would be like finding a needle in a haystack, since there aren't a lot of 6s out there.
it was definitely like finding a needle in a haystack, especially with a manual transmission.
my dealbreakers were: manual transmission, sport package, saddle pearl leather, comfort access, premium sound.

i would have taken any other options and was hoping for as many extra options as possible on top of my "must haves"... the only extra option i got was heated seats .... oh and satellite radio (yawn) .... no headup display or nightvision or that cruise control thing. ho-hum. but no matter. i got everythin i HAD to have.
there was exactly ONE in the U.S. that fit my specs, so i lucked out and they were able to dealer trade....

the wait was a killer though! once i said "get it" it took about a week and i was beside myself. how are you maintaining your patience??

also, what options did you get?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts