BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I found this 1992 320I in Germany that I am looking at buying. Sooo,
1: is it possible for me to get a 320I into the states?
2: what is the difference between the 320I and the 318, 325 and 328? Because I cannot find one for the life of me here in the states.<.<
3: this is a leap of faith, but in the september, october month range I may need someone to house my car there in germany. Atleast till 2012 because then it can be brought back as a classic car, I know that for a fact.
4:Why are there none of these 320I's in the states?
5: ummmmm I don't know I will think of more Q's I am sure:D

and...... for Pics?...... Naw I will wait o_O BUT I am getting another BMW :)

There is only one thing I don't like about it. Euro taillights <.< BUT I am going to change that.
OH the Guy wants 2K for it, luckily it is one of my friends, friends that is in the military :)

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Aaaaannndddd No one is excited :(

But anyway here she is :)

These Euro tails have to go <.<

OKayyyyy so that didnt work so well <.< hang on
Edit: Ok so I think I fixed it :)

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,082 Posts
Pictar fail.

There are a few 320i in the US, but I don't know if they were ever officially imported. You may run into some serious red tape licensing it here.

Sorry, didn't see the "hold on"....

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pictar fail.

There are a few 320i in the US, but I don't know if they were ever officially imported. You may run into some serious red tape licensing it here.

Sorry, didn't see the "hold on"....
Major Pic fail :(
Yeah I was reading up on it and they said that they will have to add support to the doors and change the cats, I will have someone pull off the headlights and pull out the ecu before I have it shipped.

But I did find out that in 2012 it will be 20 yo and can be imported as a classic car, which they will pretty much ship it as is with little to no converting to U.S. specs.

My internet is in retard mode <.< still working on the pics
Edit: Fixed :D

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,082 Posts
YAY! PIctars! Janky tail lights :eeps: (I know you said they have to go...might I suggest a landfill?)

Looks clean, but why is the front door trim around the window black and the rear door trim is silver? How's the interior?

One more critique: get rid of the headlight eyebrows or give the car some No-Doz. ;)

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ya no Americans are not the only ones to use retarded looking tails lol.

Well land fill or a couple of M80's o_O

I think that is the new style round there :), Black front door trim, rear body colored door trim lol.

The eyebrows, I have never been one for but I kinda like the looks of it. Gives it a pissy sort of look you know? Kinda like I am better than you. (Plays nice with BMW's but harasses the less fortunate population of cars :).....

You're in Germany, buy a proper E36, one with either 280 hp, or 320 hp.
My proper E36 that I want is a Euro spec 97 M3 coupe.

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
1: is it possible for me to get a 320I into the states?
The 320i was exported to Canada. That may help. :dunno:

2: what is the difference between the 320I and the 318, 325 and 328? Because I cannot find one for the life of me here in the states.
It is comparable in performance to a U.S. 318i, with a more refined but thirstier engine.

4:Why are there none of these 320I's in the states?
Probably because in many ways is too close to the 318i. If BMW had not lowered the final drive ratio of later European 318is's they would have outrun the 320i up to rather high speeds -- only by tenths of seconds, but imagine trying to explain that to a potential buyer.

There is only one thing I don't like about it. Euro taillights <.< BUT I am going to change that.
If you are held to U.S. standards, you'll have to substitute tail and corner lights with reflectors, substitute approved headlights, and make the front corner lights double as position lights, among other things.

·
'92 325I Rollin Stoned
'94 325is
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 320i was exported to Canada. That may help. :dunno:

It is comparable in performance to a U.S. 318i, with a more refined but thirstier engine.

Probably because in many ways is too close to the 318i. If BMW had not lowered the final drive ratio of later European 318is's they would have outrun the 320i up to rather high speeds -- only by tenths of seconds, but imagine trying to explain that to a potential buyer.

If you are held to U.S. standards, you'll have to substitute tail and corner lights with reflectors, substitute approved headlights, and make the front corner lights double as position lights, among other things.
That very well may help :) and I may have a friend in Canada to pick it up for me :D
The substituting lights, That is easy. The gauges are already US spec

In case you didn't know already, the 320i is an inline 6.... And it drinks petrol, ask me how i know...
^ one of the reasons I want it :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.