BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a question on my new car!

i noticed that after I park it and shut off the engine, the car makes some weird snap crackle and pop noises for a little while. is this normal??? i am assuming it is since all the parts are probably stressing and settling in.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
punkman79 said:
have a question on my new car!

i noticed that after I park it and shut off the engine, the car makes some weird snap crackle and pop noises for a little while. is this normal??? i am assuming it is since all the parts are probably stressing and settling in.
I think it's a new car owner thing, you tend to notice EVERY LITTLE detail about the car that you normally would not have ever noticed on a car that you've driven or owned for the past so many years.

I remember noticing the same noise when my car was brand new, and then compared to my wife's Honda Accord at the time, the Accord made the same noise but I just never notice it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First of all, hi everyone. This is the first time I post something here so don't shoot me if anything goes wrong ;)

Second, it's absolutely normal you car makes some noises, even older cars (like mine) do so.
But it only happens when you've pushed your car quite hard or after some high speed driving.

Greets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts