Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bagged myself a rather nice f80 with all the trimmings. Previous owner apparently told the dealer that he had the comfort access coded out.
I'd like it back.

I'd liek to track down what was done and reverse it.
So far i have checked for any fault codes and there are none.
I used bimmercode app to check out the FEM and comfort access is Active , or at least the expert mode under EcuHwConfigurartion HW_OPTION_BODY_CA_COMFORTENTRY was set to activ.
Next i went to E-SYS and read out the VO codes and 322 was in the list , so if i understand esys it's still part of the car.
( i've come from an e92 in years gone by and had some basic winkfp & NCS dummy experience .. but this new stuff is massivelt complicated! .. to me at least)

Next research took me to ISTA + for diagnosis , and during the comfort access testing the key was responding , the aeriels test passed but the handle elctronics failed as per picture below.

(y)

This raised more questions , why if theres a fault is it not flagged?
Is it possible to just unplug the wiring and it just wont work .. and not flag a fault?

I've looked at the drivers door and there is no evidence that any screws were touched so have to discount that they were removed there . I also was near the front footwell module wiring in an ampire CAN bus immobiliser and theres no wires cut or any plugs removed so this whole thing has got me baffled.

Is there anything else i can check or looking for some pointers to look at ?(y)

·
Registered
596 Posts
There’s a good chance that either the door handle electrics have been unplugged at the handles or at the BDC/FEM. I’m not familiar with F80 but I retrofitted this on my F10. You can easily pop a handle out or check the the BDC. Check ista/Newtis for the wiring locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you , i will take a look .

Are there any other coding functions to look at before i bust out the screwdriver? I see a post on another forum that says .... Delete option code 322, write to VCM and CODE FEM_BODY and HU_XXX.
Option 322 is still there on mine , I think the FEM_BODY is the reference to what i mentioned in the original post (HW_OPTION_BODY_CA_COMFORTENTRY )
I am unclear on HU_XXX.

I might also mention that i only have an enet cable , i don't have an ICOM but thank you for your guidance so far (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
This raised more questions , why if theres a fault is it not flagged?
Is it possible to just unplug the wiring and it just wont work .. and not flag a fault?
You can unplug all handles and code out the error in FEM/BDC.
FEM/BDC has a coding option where you can hide any specific fault code so wil never show in ISTA or elsewhere.
Deleting 322 in cars is usefull this days when cars are stolen using CA range extenders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
confirmed that the cables are still connected on the door handles. Also in the boot area.
I had a look at the BDC module and theres no cut wires or anything unplugged

·
Registered
19 Posts
Before doing any intensive research, just VO code all necessary ECUs with the stock VO (322 added). It could just be, that someone has coded FEM and HU with a modified VO without 322 but left the original VO with 322 safed in VCM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before doing any intensive research, just VO code all necessary ECUs with the stock VO (322 added). It could just be, that someone has coded FEM and HU with a modified VO without 322 but left the original VO with 322 safed in VCM.
I'm still working things out here , next job to understand your instruction. I am researching.
As part of the research , i came across this. What do you think ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't tell for sure, but DSMO should deactivate Smart Opener (opening the trunk door with your foot) and DCAF could be comfort access deactivation.

What I mean with VO code is:
  • coding menu, read vehicle order and safe it.
  • go into VO editor, remove HO-wort DCAF and add SALAP 322 if missing.
  • safe VO
  • write new VO via VCM
  • go back to coding, read VO again
  • read SVT (ECU)
  • on the list, right click on FEM/BDC, HU, CAS and Klick Code (Not FDL Code)
This should then code the ECUs according to the VO. If you did any codings before, those will be removed and you'll have to do them again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
success ! Comfort access is functioning . Great help , thank you everyone.

I do have 1 question , how would the deactivation be done in the 1st place , what coding takes place here where the end result is a folder with DCAF & DSMO entries in the HO-WORT folder?

·
Registered
596 Posts
success ! Comfort access is functioning . Great help , thank you everyone.

I do have 1 question , how would the deactivation be done in the 1st place , what coding takes place here where the end result is a folder with DCAF & DSMO entries in the HO-WORT folder?
The exact opposite of what was just written mate. An FA without 322 used to code the relevant/all ECU’s. I’m not sure what options DCAF and DSMO are as I’m out and can’t check.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The exact opposite of what was just written mate. An FA without 322 used to code the relevant/all ECU’s. I’m not sure what options DCAF and DSMO are as I’m out and can’t check.

322 was always in the VO list. If it wasn't, this whole process would have been a hell of a lot easier to suss out !

The DMSO must be something like Deactivate M??.. Module? Smart Opener. DCAF .. Deactivate Comfort Access F ?? Interested to find out how and where to access/ code that.

The smart opener for the waving the foot under the boot doesn't seem to work. Not sure how far youre meant to wave your foot for it to activate

·
Registered
596 Posts
That’s what I was gonna check when I got home. Remove DMSO and vo code again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not an issue for me because i have the original file as backup , but how would someone who say for example wants to disable CA. For good reasons too. How would you bring up DCAF and get it written to the car? without literally going through each instruction and doing it manually.

Been an interesting weekend! appreciate the inputs

·
Registered
596 Posts
What does DCAF even mean? Never seen it before.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Adding e words and HO words to the FA is easy with esys. You just add or remove them and write to VCM. Then VO code all or the required ECU’s. You can even just load the required FA and code ECUs without saving it to the VCM.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So DSMO must be disable smart opener and DCAF is disable comfort access. Remove those two HO WORDS and VO code the relevant/all ECU’s and that will enable the smart opener and comfort access systems.

Added to my FA to test. East to code this to the whole car like like below.
Select ECU on the SVT tree and right click and code.

I think you have got slightly confused. There wasn’t coding done to achieve the HOWORD being created, what happened was the HOWORDs were manually added to the FA then that FA is used to code the car. Similarly there may actually be a conversion job in ISTA that will do this job automatically subsequently adding the HOWORDs to the FA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was easy enough to delete the 2 files from the FA , but couldnt figure out how to get them back on to it.

so to be clear , just literally adding the characters "DSMO" to the VO as you would any option# and the software reconises this as a command set and adds it to the HO-Wort folder in the FA which in turn is recognised as an 'Aftermarket fitment'

If thats the case why are so many people saying it can't be done when in reality it's even simpler than coding options within an ecu !

·
Registered
596 Posts
The HO WORD is added simply like this. This then sets the correct FDL coding settings to any ECU you code. Another example is adding TELD. This disables the telecommunications box.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The HO WORD is added simply like this. This then sets the correct FDL coding settings to any ECU you code. Another example is adding TELD. This disables the telecommunications box.

Aha !! perfect , thanks (y)
So retro fitting LED headlights is a simple case of adding K5A2 to the HO folder and off you go instead of 4 pages of coding modules (y)(y)(y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts