BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I need a new one do I:

1. replace the 325xi
2. Get a 330i and buy winters (I'm leaning here)
3. Get one now from inventory or wait to order 2003. If I do this do you think I can get a dealer to lease one to me for 4 months while I wait?

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
goodfella said:
Now that I need a new one do I:

1. replace the 325xi
2. Get a 330i and buy winters (I'm leaning here)
3. Get one now from inventory or wait to order 2003. If I do this do you think I can get a dealer to lease one to me for 4 months while I wait?
wait for 2003 330i and get winter tires! not sure if u can get a 4-month lease though... let us know how it turns out!

u seemed pretty excited about getting ur own car stolen and getting a new one huh... hmm... maybe i can arrage that and then get an M3! ;)

--Andrew

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not happy

Not happy about the stolen car. Actually very upsetting. But I want to put it behind me. Don't think I'll wait for 2003.

Should I go for a 330i steel grey sp with wood;or
330i ti silver, through load, auto dim, wood.

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Re: not happy

goodfella said:
Not happy about the stolen car. Actually very upsetting. But I want to put it behind me. Don't think I'll wait for 2003.

Should I go for a 330i steel grey sp with wood;or
330i ti silver, through load, auto dim, wood.
SG SP! not sure about wood... or leather...

if i were to order again it will be SG with SP, biXenons, moonroof, and CD.

--Andrew

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
1. You will be amazed with how well snow tires do. You don't need anything else when you have the stability control.

2. Wait for the new model year unless they are going to make a modification that you don't like. Even if the car is identical, waiting that few months will give you a higher resale value b/c the car is a model year newer.

3. Check out budget car companies (like rent-a-wreck) and see if they have long term rental rates you could live with.

4. Make a short term "lease" part of your deal - your dealer might be interested in letting you "lease" used stock to make a new car sale. It's not like they have to transfer title if it's a used demo car or something.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try to wait.....but it's tough

I too had a car stolen in the past and the pain is bad.

I would only buy something in stock if it is what I really wanted.

I made the mistake of taking my 323i off the lot. I really should have ordered the car like most people do.

Considering that you will be living with your new car for sometime to come, get what you want and don't compromise.

If we were talking about inexpensive cars, this isn't too much of an issue - we'll just get another one. But since it's a BMW and we have a tendancy to care for them a little better, it's worth getting what you want.

Don't know about you but I hate those.....Wudda, Shudda, Coulda's after a few months.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.