BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Loyal Fester
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that there will be 3 new colours for the E90 becoming available from 3rd quarter 2005.

They are:

Barrique Red (A41)
Deep Green (A43)
Sonora (A23)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the Barrique Red but it might not be available by the time I'm ready to order. How many people are considering the Arctic color. Is Arctic one of those colors that might affect resale value? I've seen it in one picture and I think it looks nice. There seems to be almost universal agreement on the Sparkling Graphite but I'm worried to many people will be getting that. Thoughts?

·
Registered
468 Posts
gsko said:
I like the Barrique Red but it might not be available by the time I'm ready to order. How many people are considering the Arctic color. Is Arctic one of those colors that might affect resale value? I've seen it in one picture and I think it looks nice. There seems to be almost universal agreement on the Sparkling Graphite but I'm worried to many people will be getting that. Thoughts?
Most car color selections include one choice that is distinctly feminine. Japanese manufacturers seem to favor pearlescent white and beige, and BMW for the last few years has had gray green. Arctic might be one of those colors. It's hard to say until you see it in real life and hear the reactions of male and female car shoppers.

If it turns out to be a "feminine" color that would make it an easier sale to a woman and a harder sale to a man. How that affects resale value would probably be determined by other factors such as stick vs. automatic, leather vs. vinyl and 325 vs. 330.

I've seen Sparkling graphite on an E46 coupe so I don't have to guess about that color.

·
2016 Alpine White M2
378 Posts
gsko said:
Its so hard to order a color without seeing it in person.Both Arctic and Sparking Graphite look good in the pictures i have seen posted of them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
numbersguy said:
"feminine" color ... stick vs. automatic, leather vs. vinyl and 325 vs. 330.
Gee ... what are you trying to say about my Arctic, Stick, Leatherette, 325! :yikes: I think I might be having an identity crisis.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll take an Electric Red E90 M3, please. 6-speed(the one with a clutch). No I-drive. Black Leather, Bi-Xenons and aluminum trim or titanium(if available).

I'm sure they will only offer it in Imola Red again. Can you special order colors like that, or do you have to go through BMW Individual? (which isn't available in NA?)

·
Registered
33 Posts
why don't anybody think about monaco blue. I also have seen many pictures of different colors on E90 but no monaco blue!!!. I just saw one E90 with monaco blue in this forum, which a guy posted for us. If you know another photos of monaco blue, I would like to see it. Because I already gave an order for a 3 20d, monaco blue, beige dakota leather...
what do you guys think about this MB color??

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I love most of the BMW colors but I've owned a black 330 and damn it was a be-atch to keep clean...even though it was garaged. I therefore like to stick to silver because I'm lazy and I hate a dirty car. Doesn't leave many options.

As for the arctic silver....it's mint green and I think does NOTHING for the agressive look of the E90. No offense meant.

·
Registered
49 Posts
MARCUS545 said:
Nothing but Titanium Silver for me!
Same for me!!! Over this past week in Park Ridge NJ, I have seen the E90 on the road in Red, Arctic, Black and Silver... Out of these colors, it was the Silver that gave me that "WOW" factor when I actually saw the car driving by... :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Licoeur said:
Same for me!!! Over this past week in Park Ridge NJ, I have seen the E90 on the road in Red, Arctic, Black and Silver... Out of these colors, it was the Silver that gave me that "WOW" factor when I actually saw the car driving by... :thumbup:
SAME THING AGAIN. EVERYBODY SEES AND THINKS ABOUT Red, Arctic, Black and Silver BUT NO MONACO BLUE!! :mad: AND WE HAVE JUST SEEN ONE PICTURE OF MB. I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DOESNT EVEN CONSIDER ABOURT MB. I THINK IT S BETTER THAN THE OTHER COLORS AND ONE OTHER ADVantage is that it is going to be a first time iin bmw! :bigpimp:

sorry for the caps lock! :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
fiesta said:
SAME THING AGAIN. EVERYBODY SEES AND THINKS ABOUT Red, Arctic, Black and Silver BUT NO MONACO BLUE!! :mad: AND WE HAVE JUST SEEN ONE PICTURE OF MB. I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE DOESNT EVEN CONSIDER ABOURT MB. I THINK IT S BETTER THAN THE OTHER COLORS AND ONE OTHER ADVantage is that it is going to be a first time iin bmw! :bigpimp:

sorry for the caps lock! :eek:
Calm down mate. I'm in the same boat as you. Take a look at my MB or SG post. I can't find any pictures of MB either, & I've got an order in. Everyone seems to be ordering the SG, which is a great colour.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Licoeur said:
Can anyone take a pic of Black color E90????......... Plssssss : :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
white (or any other colour) gets just as dirty as black

MARCUS545 said:
I love most of the BMW colors but I've owned a black 330 and damn it was a be-atch to keep clean...even though it was garaged. I therefore like to stick to silver because I'm lazy and I hate a dirty car. Doesn't leave many options.

As for the arctic silver....it's mint green and I think does NOTHING for the agressive look of the E90. No offense meant.
Sorry, I'm being somwhat sarcastic. The color of the car has nothing to do with how dirty it gets. Its jsut that the dirt is more noticeable on the black. Something to think about and let it bug you to realize that your silver car really is just as dirty as a black car, SO WASH IT MAN!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
psychrunner said:
Sorry, I'm being somwhat sarcastic. The color of the car has nothing to do with how dirty it gets. Its jsut that the dirt is more noticeable on the black. Something to think about and let it bug you to realize that your silver car really is just as dirty as a black car, SO WASH IT MAN!
So, if dirt gets on my car in a forest, and there's no one around to see it...is it still dirty?

·
Registered
438 Posts
xspeedy said:
Isn't red one of the most unpopular colors for BMW?
LOL, yep! When mine arrived at the dealer I got the impression that they had never seen one in any color other than black or silver. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.