BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my corner lights in the mail today. It took me half an hour and they were mounted. I have been looking many places for clear corner lights, but i realized that i can not just mount clear glass lights on it because of how dark the headlight are. That would just look strange with shiny white corner lights and dark head lights.

So i figured that i had to go for smoked glass. And it looks good. It blends in perfectly with the headlights. Now off to get me some style 37 wheels..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah good idea.. I'll do it right away :)

·
G Trues
863 Posts
that's classic!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks good. I need to take a picture of my head lights. They are different as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered a set of those online, still waiting for them though... apparently the website name cannot be mentioned here. Also bought a set of smoked LED tailights for mine, as my OEM's were all cracked. The new tailights look sweet, I think anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello.. Here is the link to the corner lights They are not covers, but complete corner lights that you replace the OEM with..

Those tail lights looks good. Not my style, but they do look good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the link daytona, if mine don't arrive soon enough I'll get em there. Nice driveway of yours too I'd say, smokin' deal on the 3.
I was contemplating headlights but think I still like the OEM's more. I suppose an HID upgrade to the bulbs may update the look a bit. I like this car way too much, better slow down before I go bankrupt!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha.. I hear you.. It is easy to get carried away..

·
Bored Worker
822 Posts
Thanks for the link. I am also considering a HID retrofit, but i want to keep my stock housings.

·
Bored Worker
822 Posts

I wish I knew what they looked like on a black car....

·
Bored Worker
822 Posts
MS Paint skills to the rescue.... This is my best 5 minute attempt.

opinions? not on the MS skills, just the potential look.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
the smoked corners would look best on a black car like yours i think. would blend in with the headlights perfectly. still waitin for mine, ordered them a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I ordered a set of those online, still waiting for them though... apparently the website name cannot be mentioned here. Also bought a set of smoked LED tailights for mine, as my OEM's were all cracked. The new tailights look sweet, I think anyway.
Too much chrome and you'll have a hell of a time getting the "Check Brake Lights" message to go away. My buddy has those on his 750iL. I'm a personal fan of the CELIS taillights instead.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Thanks for the link. I am also considering a HID retrofit, but i want to keep my stock housings.
The point of a retrofit is so that you can keep your stock housing :dunno: I got HID conversion kits from both www.ddmtuning.com and www.hidextra.com (coupon code "besthid-m" got my free shipping and free resistors (make sure to ask for them at checkout) for $65 shipped).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had the LED tailights for a month now and they work well, no error messages or glitches. I considered the Celis LED's but wanted less color (personal preference) They look nice with the dark green, the smoke lenses keep the chrome to a minimum. I got my smoke corner lights finally, kept clear 1157 bulbs also. They just make it look even better, blend in with the stock headlights nicely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how to fit

hi there my name is brian i live in scotland in the UK your clear lenses look good i just bought a set for my bmw 728i and i do not know how to get the old ones off can you help many thanks::dunno:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts