BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share and see if anyone else is using these yet?

First got this companies mirrors that go in the top corners for my 440i convertible last year. Now they have the X3-X7 versions and it is a really nice addition!!

I know someone will quickly chime in to do the proper mirror setting, but I already do the SAE overlap ( side mirrors pushed out to overlap the rearview) and there is still a notable blind spot on the drivers side. Not anymore 馃槑

NXTGEN extended view mirrors

Stuart in Houston
Cool!

First, I agree on the mirror settings & blind spots. No matter how well you set them, there are some. I just use some simple round spot mirrors, which work great. Had these been available at the time, I would have got them, they look great.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: SoCalBMWGuy1389

Registered
2018 X3 30i
Thanks for the link just ordered them ! I've been looking for some time to add on my X3 .They look like a great addition . I've noticed some blind spots in it and my previous car had built in blind
spot mirrors on it and i got so use to them ! Thanks again .

Stuart in Houston
Learn how to adjust your mirrors correctly and there are no blind spots: How To Get Rid of Your Blind Spot - Defensive Driving
I started driving in 1970. In the late 70s, early 80s, I started racing & rallying in the SCCA. I learned how to adjust mirrors, seat position, hand position, etc. I also learned that most valuable, and sadly, rarest of driving skills, Situational Awareness. For the last twenty years, I've mostly driven 5 Series BMWs, including one Dinan 540i. I know how to adjust mirrors. Never used or needed any additional mirrors.

I drive an X3 now, and within weeks, noticed that the mirrors, no matter how adjusted, didn't give me the coverage I was used to. Not sure why, and doesn't really matter. After a couple months, and never finding that perfect positioning, I bought spot mirrors.

Problem solved. YMMV.

Reactions: Magile

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Learn how to adjust your mirrors correctly and there are no blind spots: How To Get Rid of Your Blind Spot - Defensive Driving
There is always one :rolleyes: 馃ぃ

I have had about 15 different cars, coupes, convertibles, trucks, wagons and SUVs. I use the method that SAE advises, which cuts out a big blind spot by not seeing your car or the car right behind you in the side mirrors. This creates an overlap where a passing car goes right from the rear center mirror to the side mirror. If you do not push your side mirror out, there is a gap and a large blindspot there. So setting the mirrors correctly makes a big difference, but there is still a BIG dead area there.

In my picture you can see my mirror is pushed well out to not see any of my vehicle or the area just behind it, which is the "correct" way. You can also see there is still a lot of extra visibility to be had, if that means anything to you...

The custom contour of these is nice, but the game changer is the clarity and curvature of them. I have had a lot of convex, both cheap stick-on, OEM aspherical and big glass ones built into my trucks towing mirrors. None have ever been this clear and free of that far away convex distortion.
Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts