BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I locked in a lease rate from BMWFS for a z4 (0.00100 & 75% resid for 12kmi) in July. And the new lease rates for august for the z4 3.0si are .00275 & 68% resid for 12kmi according to the dealer. But there is a new $6500 dealer incentive for the z4 in August.

Now the dealer says that even if I get the car in August, he won't get his dealer incentive because I am getting rates from BMWFS that are based on July's lease. He says either I get the July rates (which I have already locked in) or I get the higher august rates but with the $6500 incentive. He says I can't keep in my locked-in July rates and get this car with the dealer incentive. But I believe the dealer incentive is completely seperate from BMWFS and that I should be able to get that since he is indeed selling the car in August not July.

Can somebody tell me if this is true or is the dealer just trying to make a lot of money off of me?

I appreciate any responses.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so with a locked in rate the new dealer incentive cannot be applied? and if I do want the new dealer incentive applied then my rates will have to switch to this months rates?

So does that mean that even though there is a $6500 dealer incentive out there for z4's this month that the dealer won't get any of that even though he is indeed selling the car this month?....and that's just because the guy he is selling the car to locked in just the rates part through BMWFS in July?

If I had locked in the rates through BMWFS directly (internet) in July would I then be able to go to any dealership and get the dealer incentive??

·
Banned
429 Posts
if you really are locked in for july you are locked in for july. if you would rather re-work a deal with the new numbers do that. there is no way to get both.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
so with a locked in rate the new dealer incentive cannot be applied?
Yup.

and if I do want the new dealer incentive applied then my rates will have to switch to this months rates?
You got it.

So does that mean that even though there is a $6500 dealer incentive out there for z4's this month that the dealer won't get any of that even though he is indeed selling the car this month?
Yes indeed.

....and that's just because the guy he is selling the car to locked in just the rates part through BMWFS in July?
Absotively.

If I had locked in the rates through BMWFS directly (internet) in July would I then be able to go to any dealership and get the dealer incentive??
No...you can either have the July program, in its entirety OR the August program, in its entirety, but not both.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so even though the rates are through BMWFS and the dealer incentive is through BMWNA and even though the price of the car is always a totally seperate issue than the rates....the dealer incentive for this month for sure cannot be applied to a new car being sold this month just because that guy is leasing it and the lease rates are older lease rates that he has locked in?

I guess my other option option would be to try to get to find a leasing company that would give me better than 68% and 6.6% on this brand new z4?

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
so even though the rates are through BMWFS and the dealer incentive is through BMWNA and even though the price of the car is always a totally seperate issue than the rates....the dealer incentive for this month for sure cannot be applied to a new car being sold this month just because that guy is leasing it and the lease rates are older lease rates that he has locked in?
Those are the rules. You can't fight city hall.
I guess my other option option would be to try to get to find a leasing company that would give me better than 68% and 6.6% on this brand new z4?
You may find better money factors, but good luck on finding a better residual.

Chase offers 46-49%, depending on which model.
Wells offers 46-48%, depending on which model.

Just cut your best deal and pull the trigger already. The programs ain't gonna get any better.

·
Registered
374 Posts
BMW is trying to give away the Z4's.. Especially the M version.. my salesperson say's his dealership is having a very hard time moving them..

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Philippe,

Do you have he August rates for E90 335i?
Same as it ever was. 3 series AWD money factors did improve, a good thing for Seattle residents :eeps:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well thanks a lot guys for the quick repsonses.

its a bummer that I didn't go directly to BMWFS through the internet to lock in the rates and get approved otherwise I would have been able to get the July rates and the new dealer incentive for August and would have been able to walk into any dealership to do it as well...oh well, $6500 loss.

can somebody atleast confirm the 24mo buy rate and residuals for august on the z4 3.0si roadster?

10k?
12k?
15k?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
well thanks a lot guys for the quick repsonses.

its a bummer that I didn't go directly to BMWFS through the internet to lock in the rates and get approved otherwise I would have been able to get the July rates and the new dealer incentive for August and would have been able to walk into any dealership to do it as well...oh well, $6500 loss.
Sorry, I provided bad information, and corrected it in my post above. You can either have the July program OR the August program, but you can't pick and choose the parts you like...this ain't a buffet.

can somebody atleast confirm the 24mo buy rate and residuals for august on the z4 3.0si roadster?

10k?
12k?
15k?

Thanks in advance!
.00275, 69, 68, 66

·
Registered
368 Posts
use the August rate of .00275 and residual of 69% for 15k AND 6500 incentive. If the current dealer doesn't play ball, find one that will. I'm sure Phillip K is a ball buster...errr...player....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
So Philippek, can I combine the $6500 with 0% financing available on a Chevy Tahoe and apply it to a Z4? If not, this is blatantly unfair. :mad:

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
So Philippek, can I combine the $6500 with 0% financing available on a Chevy Tahoe and apply it to a Z4? If not, this is blatantly unfair. :mad:
Yep - I agree with you. A lot of places match coupons, but when I tried to use the Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon on buying a house, I was rejected. Go figure - I mean, isn't a house made up of a bedroom, bathroom, and beyond (kitchen etc.?). Probably got something to do with not being able to combine multiple coupons etc. :)

PS - this is a joke!

·
Psych-oh!
6,343 Posts
Yep - I agree with you. A lot of places match coupons, but when I tried to use the Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupon on buying a house, I was rejected. Go figure - I mean, isn't a house made up of a bedroom, bathroom, and beyond (kitchen etc.?). Probably got something to do with not being able to combine multiple coupons etc. :)

PS - this is a joke!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts