BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new driveshaft, transmission mounts, and replaced batteries in the alarm yesterday. Today when I went to check and see if the "quiescent battery drain" error code was solved by the battery swap I see that I have a new set of transmission error codes looking via Carly Adapter. In order to do driveshaft job I had to put the car in neutral (with the transmission release lever in the driver's footwell) a few times. The error codes are:

507D Designed Parking Lock Faulty

507C Parking Lock Inserted Incorrectly

Other than these two codes I have no other warnings in the car or any misbehaving. The car goes into each gear including Park correctly. I tried to clear the code but it is persistent. I had thought the codes might have been generated when the car was put into neutral for the work but now I am thinking that A) We tweaked something when we lifted the transmission up to put in the new Transmission mounts, B) The carly isn't suitable for resetting these codes, C) There is a proper method for locking the driveshaft back in place after using the transmission-release control.

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Josh

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am guessing that while you worked on the car the battery drained causing the errors - I always plug in a battery charger while I work on the car / even when I hoover it as the power drops so quickly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts