BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
How can we take seriously anything where, in the first sentence, they reference overnighting in "Sphincter Nevada"?

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Maybe that's like Rancho Cucamonga thing...You have to live in Nevada to truely appreciate the name of the city?

Maybe there really IS a Sphincter, Nevada...:)

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Something bad must be lurking in the back. Its so heavily disguised and covered up that it has no rear bumper. :confused:

OTOH where is all the 'Flame Surfacing'?? I don't see any disguises on the doors. :dunno:

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
The HACK said:
Maybe that's like Rancho Cucamonga thing...You have to live in Nevada to truely appreciate the name of the city?

Maybe there really IS a Sphincter, Nevada...:)
Out of curiosity, I checked Microsoft Streets and Mapquest.com... there is no Sphincter in Nevada... unless you count the ones off the map and on the citizens. :D

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Pete Teoh said:

Out of curiosity, I checked Microsoft Streets and Mapquest.com... there is no Sphincter in Nevada... unless you count the ones off the map and on the citizens. :D
Don't be so certain. My new street (it's been here almost 18 months now) in NC isn't in Mapquest, Yahoo maps, or mapblaster.

Anyone know any other decent mapping sites that might be just a wee-bit more up to date?

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
No way! Look it up folks!!

Ok, there's absolutely no way that there is a Sphincter anywhere, although I grant you that if it were a real name for a town it would have to be in Nevada.

Decorum and general good taste (of which I've been abundantly blessed with :rolleyes:) prevent me from publishing it here, but if you consult with any dictionary, excluding the Sphincter Unabridged Edition if there is such an animal, the word 'sphincter' is not cast in too complimentary or glowing light.

And if you still aren't convinced of this, then consider that in 'Wayne's World' the term 'Sphincter Boy' was spawned. I imagine even if there is such a place, and you are from there those are fighting words. :mad:

I did a search on Google and it dug up 137,000 hits on the word 'sphincter'. I'll admit that I came up 136,990 shy of looking at them all, but I'd be a flaming sphincter boy to believe there is such a place. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
anything is possible...

heck..there's a town in the maritimes called Dildo! it's in Newfoundland.

in any case...what a dream job to be test pilot for BMW. the only bad part is you can't brag about the job to anyone since ur most likely sworn to secretcy on any new developments.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Don't forget Intercourse, PA.

Next to the 5-series with cladding, the back of the 7 actually looks good in comparison. I guess everyone else is just going to have to lower the bar in order for the new BMWs to look good.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Re: There probably isn't a Sphincter, NV...

Pete Teoh said:
... but there certainly is a Hell, MI.
Ah, yes. Hell, Michigan. We used to go up there from Ann Arbor, back in my Contour days. Below is a pic taken at the scenic "Dam Site Inn," located in "downtown" Hell (which consists primarily of four or five bars/stores that all have names like "Dam Site Inn.")

There are some really nice driving roads around Hell; GM frequently has test vehicles out in that area (as their proving grounds are not far away in Milford).

Other fun Michigan facts:

There's a Romulus (where Metro airport is) and a Remus (up north).

There's no Heaven, but there is Climax (and, yes, there is a sign that says "Now Entering Climax.")

On I-75, Exit 69 is Big Beaver Road. I can't make stuff like this up.

Oh, and on the subject of the E60--I'm sure that the front and rear are going to be odious, but I sort of like the middle section. The pronounced bevel on the doors reminds me of the Lincoln LS, and the greenhouse has a lot of E34 in it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.