BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks, wanted everyone to see this. Thanks for your patience with us on this design.

email [email protected] for more info

Product is available with or without ambient lighting, same with engraved logos.
We also do custom designs to help you personalize your Z4.

No drilling or modification

The long awaited E89 Windrestrictor is finally here! We've gone with a high grade stainless steel mounting system with an elegant powder coated finish to perfectly accent the BMW's rear panel. The Acrylite Glass is an incredible 3/8" thick, the strongest available on the market and is twice as thick as other cheaper versions that are available.

At KPI, we own 3 luxury convertibles and know how important it is that our accessories be made from high quality materials and not just the cheapest available in mass quantities. When we release something to the market we stand behind it 100% and because of that we have to be sure our designs are up to par for the vehicles that they are going on. Some of the vehicles that we make wind blockers for will be driven at speeds in excess of 150mph. We approach each and every design keeping this in mind. I can not say the number of times we've had convertibles brought into our shop with a cheap piece of plastic and Velcro straps on the roll bars. The products just flap around on the panel, barely even attached. If you have experienced this don't worry, you are not alone and we can help.

You will not get this from us. Our product, the WindRestrictor® is extremely rigid and strong. Again, you will not see any movement at all at high speeds. It will come with a lifetime warranty with a guarantee that it will stay that way and we stand behind it 100%. Also, we are a legitimate company with excellent customer support. If you need something, we pick up the phone. It's that simple. Give us a call and find out for yourself why we are considered to be the leading authority on wind blocking devices for fine convertibles around the world.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes this new design is a very simple install. You are looking at 20 minutes without lighting and about 45 with. We include step by step instructions with photos in the box. Also we are available by phone for assistance if you run into anything at all.

There is no drilling or modification necessary.

Stephen

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Various views of Z4 Windrestrictor (illustrations)

Here are a few illustrations of the mounting system. Each bracket has a plush EPMD pad to absorb shock and restrict movement. After locking these brackets down on the roll bars there is no movement at all.
No Drilling or Modification

For lighted versions, the wire exits a hole on the underside of bottom bracket and slides directly into the rear trim panel so that all of the wire is totally hidden. From there you can either run it to the tail light or the brake light, both of which are very easy to get to. :thumbup:

Yes, there is a slight curve on the bottom of center bracket that perfectly follows the panel.

There is no drilling or permanent modification at all needed.

This is where the wire exits the bracket system if you get the illuminated version. This hole sits directly on top of the edge of trim panel.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately no there is not an option on our site like this. However,
Give me a call and I can get it done for you.

*** Product is on the website now ready for purchase.
Be advised, smoked tinted material is only available with the clear
Or the etched version. Email for more info. [email protected]
Or call us at 972-487-5987

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
info

I just wanted to post up some commonly asked questions I've gathered the last two days from all of our new customers. First congratulations to all of you that have got in on this awesome introductory offer! :thumbup: Remember, sale does not expire until August 15th so there is still time.

Q- How does the wind restrictor light up?

A- Instructions will come with two different illustrations of good power sources. 1. Tail Lights- simply use our scotch lock clamp to tap into the tail light wire behind a panel in your trunk that's very easy to get to. Use this wire if you want the product to come on any time at night when your lights are on. 2. Brake Lamp Power- tap the wire into this wire if you only want the lighting when you step on the brakes. 3. 12V adapter plug can be ordered if you do not want to hard wire, it can just plug right into any 12V socket in the car whenever you want lighting. 4. Battery pack- Order this if you just want to use 9V battery power and it comes with an on/off switch.

Q- What is the lead time on your first production run.
A- We expect to begin shipping late next week. All orders will be processed in the order that they are received. We currently have plenty of room to get in on our first run. In general, our lead time is 7-10 days.

Q- Do I have to get lighting?
A- No, the Z4 windrestrictor comes three different ways. 1. Etched and Illuminated, 2. Etched only, 3. Clear, no lighting and no etched logos. For those of you who do not want lighting at all, we now have smoked tinted available for the same price as the crystal clear.

Q- What if I want to use my own graphic design.
A- Great! We love assisting people with personalizing their Z4 roadsters.

Here is a link to several more questions and answers. http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/faqs.aspx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.