BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
joe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 bmw 325i and it had a bad heater hose and all the coolent came out and i had to put water in it well i messed up and went away for two years and the car just sat.... it froze and cracked the i know this because i can see the crack... so what my question is the car still runs and i put that bars leak fix in it so that i can drive it a little bit but now i want to fix it and my question is should i buy a head from a junk yard or should i find a hole motor for it??? does the block hold up good or do you think that it might be cracked to??
:dunno::bawling:

·
joe
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the crack is in the head i can see it it goes the hole head also when driving it and i get out and open the hood the upper rad hose is hard and hot but the lower one is cold and also i open the res and coolent is cool the touch please i really need help because i really do love this car and want it to get fixed right with out breaking the bank

·
Registered
12,460 Posts
how do you see a hole in the head but still drive it?? :dunno:

this requires pics of said hole...:confused:

but if you are getting combustion pressures in the cooling system, then i suggest taking it apart to further inspect.

do you have vanos on the 93?? (never can remember when that started....)

if not, then it's even easier.

df

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
31,079 Posts
Yes, vanos started on the '93 YM. Got one. :D

We want pictures of the crack you can see.

A hot/pressurized upper hose and cold lower means the thermostat isn't opening or the radiator is clogged. DO NOT put Bars Leak in it.

·
Sometimes Out To Lunch!!!
875 Posts
i have a 1993 bmw 325i and it had a bad heater hose and all the coolent came out and i had to put water in it well i messed up and went away for two years and the car just sat.... it froze and cracked the i know this because i can see the crack... so what my question is the car still runs and i put that bars leak fix in it so that i can drive it a little bit but now i want to fix it and my question is should i buy a head from a junk yard or should i find a hole motor for it??? does the block hold up good or do you think that it might be cracked to??
:dunno::bawling:
Put as much BARS in it as you can, that will fix it alright........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Writing proper paragraph's would be a plus for you. Think about your ? so you don't ask stupid ones or sound stupid. Do a little searching also before you ask.:D Have a nice day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.