BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Estoril Blue II M-Sport 335i (RWD)

8680 20
Just took delivery of my new F30 this past Thursday.

Initial impressions -

Pros:

The exhaust note on this car is deeper, throatier, and louder than what I experienced with my Dinan-tuned E90 (N54). Definitely a pleasant surprise.

The Sport Automatic Transmission is excellent. Upshifts are virtually DCT-like and they sound incredible to boot.

The interior design is much improved over the E90, IMHO. The new M-Sport steering wheel is outstanding. Looks great, feels even better. The leather is very supple.

Cons:

The trunk is a pain in the butt to close. You really have to slam it.

As a result of having to slam the trunk into submission, one of my tail light housings came a bit loose. The dealer fixed it temporarily but ordered some new parts to be installed this upcoming Thursday to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Pics:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
love reading about how the exhaust sounds. that blue is so freaking sexy
Thanks.

Good color.
love reading about how the exhaust sounds. that blue is so freaking sexy
Thank you. I imagine your car will sound even better with the performance exhaust!
What's the option list look like?
Great pics!

How does she handle? Is the road feel more connected and pronounced compared to an F30 sport?
YBBIZ, my wife just picked hers up last Friday same color and looks to be same options as yours. I took it for a drive and holy chit WOW I'm impressed, of course my DD is a ford Raptor and not such a sporty vehicle. Good choice and good luck with it.
Beautiful car. i assume you're in Carmel. I'm in Zionsville. I had the E90 in montego blue and really wanted this car and color but had to get my car sooner so I got the '12 F30 in imperial (dark) blue. I'll look for you around town. You'll get a lot of compliments on that color. :thumbup:
The EBIIs are really starting to roll in now. They're all beautiful. :thumbup:

ZMM (M-Sport Line), ZPP (Premium Package), ZTP (Technology Package), Sport Automatic Transmission.

What's the option list look like?
Great pics!

How does she handle? Is the road feel more connected and pronounced compared to an F30 sport?
Thanks! Despite the fact that this car is larger than my old E90 M-Sport, it feels more nimble. However, this is likely due to the fact that E90 M-Sport was an xDrive and my new F30 is configured in RWD. The weight loss at the front end is noticeable.

A comment about the steering: The steering definitely has a "lighter" feel than what I experienced with my E90 when in Comfort and EcoPro mode. It's too early to tell whether I like or dislike that characteristic.

Love that car.
Thank you. Me too. :D

YBBIZ, my wife just picked hers up last Friday same color and looks to be same options as yours. I took it for a drive and holy chit WOW I'm impressed, of course my DD is a ford Raptor and not such a sporty vehicle. Good choice and good luck with it.
Thanks for the kind words! Sounds like your better half has excellent taste.

Beautiful car. i assume you're in Carmel. I'm in Zionsville. I had the E90 in montego blue and really wanted this car and color but had to get my car sooner so I got the '12 F30 in imperial (dark) blue. I'll look for you around town. You'll get a lot of compliments on that color. :thumbup:
Thank you soledoc. Always nice to see a fellow Hoosier on the boards. And yep, I'm in Carmel. Imperial blue is a fantastic color choice. BMW truly does offer an impressive assortment of "blues."

So wheat!
The EBIIs are really starting to roll in now. They're all beautiful. :thumbup:.
Thanks guys.
You definitely went for the best color for the M Sport,looks great.Estoril Blue is a fantastic color,it's great that BMW has brought it back.It must sell well because it goes all the way back to the E36 M3.
Great color. The handle under the lid makes it much easier to pull down without having to slam it, my wife gets on to me every time I slam the trunk by pushing down on the actual trunk as opposed to the handle underneath the lid.

I heard the tail light being loose was a recall issues:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735941
Your car's tires ?

Does your car have a square set-up with Goodyear all-seasons, or does it have staggered wheels/tires ?

Great looking car !!! :thumbup:
Carmel Buddies

ZMM (M-Sport Line), ZPP (Premium Package), ZTP (Technology Package), Sport Automatic Transmission.

Thanks! Despite the fact that this car is larger than my old E90 M-Sport, it feels more nimble. However, this is likely due to the fact that E90 M-Sport was an xDrive and my new F30 is configured in RWD. The weight loss at the front end is noticeable.

A comment about the steering: The steering definitely has a "lighter" feel than what I experienced with my E90 when in Comfort and EcoPro mode. It's too early to tell whether I like or dislike that characteristic.

Thank you. Me too. :D

Thanks for the kind words! Sounds like your better half has excellent taste.

Thank you soledoc. Always nice to see a fellow Hoosier on the boards. And yep, I'm in Carmel. Imperial blue is a fantastic color choice. BMW truly does offer an impressive assortment of "blues."

Thanks guys.
We have some Great frends who live in Carmel , and Visited them 2 years ago. What a charming downtown !!! We will tell them to look out for you, when you pass them on the way B-Town for an IU Football or Basketball Game. We went to an IU Game vs the Badgers that weekend. Great time !!. Your Bimmer is NICE !!! EB is our favorite color next to Crimson and Melbourne Red . Enjoy !!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Great Pictures, cant wait :D
i should get mine in 1 or 2 Weeks, hope i don't have any problems with the trunk
Thanks! I have actually already shared my tail light issue in the thread you referenced. It made me feel a bit better (I suppose) that I wasn't the only one faced with the issue.

Great color. The handle under the lid makes it much easier to pull down without having to slam it, my wife gets on to me every time I slam the trunk by pushing down on the actual trunk as opposed to the handle underneath the lid.

I heard the tail light being loose was a recall issues:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735941
Does your car have a square set-up with Goodyear all-seasons, or does it have staggered wheels/tires ?

Great looking car !!! :thumbup:
Thank you sir. It does in fact have Goodyear tires on it, but it is a staggered setup. The car was supposed to have a staggered, all-season configuration.

However, I received a staggered setup with grand touring summer tires. :confused:

Dealer is working on fixing that.

We have some Great frends who live in Carmel , and Visited them 2 years ago. What a charming downtown !!! We will tell them to look out for you, when you pass them on the way B-Town for an IU Football or Basketball Game. We went to an IU Game vs the Badgers that weekend. Great time !!. Your Bimmer is NICE !!! EB is our favorite color next to Crimson and Melbourne Red . Enjoy !!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Carmel! If you liked the downtown "arts and design district" then, I can assure you that you will like it even more upon your return. The district has continued to grow dramatically. New restaurants, new housing, a world-class concert hall (Palladium), etc.

Great Pictures, cant wait :D
i should get mine in 1 or 2 Weeks, hope i don't have any problems with the trunk
Thanks man.
Great looking EB2! Please post in the official Estoril Blue thread as well -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634367

Tim
Thanks Tim! Appreciate it. I will definitely do so when I get a spare moment.
Great looking EB2! Please post in the official Estoril Blue thread as well -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634367

Tim
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.