BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

New 2013 535xi MSport owner! This is my first BMW – hopefully it will not be a headache like my last car. :rofl:

Anything I should know from the get go? Issues? Mods? Suggestions? Must have parts for the F10?

36K Miles, still under factory warranty for 6 more months! Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forums! Looks like you got a head start with the black kidney grilles, now replace those amber front reflectors with color matched one :thumbup:.

I can't address any possible issues but so long as you're under warranty and it's had it's CPO check, just enjoy her ;).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks man! Do you recommend any particular site to purchase BMW F10 parts/mods?
Google JBSpeed and ind-distribution. I would post direct links to the vendors site but I'm not sure if the site will strip out the web addrss and/or if it's even allowed :D

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
New to you F10 - 535xDrive

Hey guys!

New 2013 535xi MSport owner! This is my first BMW - hopefully it will not be a headache like my last car. :rofl:
Anything I should know from the get go? Issues? Mods? Suggestions? Must have parts for the F10?
36K Miles, still under factory warranty for 6 more months! Photos attached.
The 535 drivetrain (I've found) is pretty bulletproof. Just about to click 40K and I've had mine just shy of 3 yrs/9 months. Probably going to buy a '17 X5 by November. My primary cars have been BMW sedans for years and years - ready for a change.

I see your address is NYC - MSport and NYC streets are not a friendly combination. Be sure to inflate your RFTs (I presume you have the OEM RunFlats) to the proper pressure and dodge potholes like they were IRS agents. I've kept mine pretty much stock but there are lots of goodies that you can throw your money at. Depending on the brand tire you have it might have manufacturer's road hazard coverage ... lots of folks don't realize/know that and wind up digging into their pockets when a RFT gets eaten by a pothole. :cry:

Nice color - the detail forum is pretty active and there are some forum sponsors there that run regular specials.

Enjoy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts