BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some pics from the other bmw board that new 3 series finally arrived at dealerships. Once I have time I will take one for a test drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1152.jpg IMG_1153.jpg IMG_1154.jpg IMG_1155.jpg IMG_1156.jpg IMG_1158.jpg
I went to the dealer today here are the pics. I will give a more through report next week

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,585 Posts

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Thanks for the photos eazy. Look forward to your test drive review. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Late Saturday I took a Sport line 2019 330 Xdrivei the black one in the photos out for the spin here is my review.
Exterior: Is a very nice exterior the only issues I have are the lexus like taillights and the black areas on the lower front bumper.

Interior: an improvement in design over the f30. Materials is an improvement as well. But the plastics near the stereo controls could be softer. It on the hard side. It one of the roomier cabins in its class. Only the new S60 has a larger cabin. It on par with the A4 in cabin room.

Trunk: It a little bigger compare to the F30 but the hidden compartment that found underneath the floor is gone.

Infotainment: The idrive is still the best in class when it comes to ease of use, graphic quality, and functions. Not the biggest fan of the digital dash where rev and speedo are going in opposite direction. Audi does a better job with the virtual cockpit. But the digital dash does have a good refresh rate unlike the C300.

Steering: It a improvement over the base f30 when comes to feel and accuracy. But if you are expecting a return of feel from the old hydraulic steering days prepare to be disappointed.

Suspension: One of the biggest weakness in the F30 is the base suspension. F30 base had some body roll that did not give you any confidence. I believe getting a M Adaptive suspension in the F30 was a must. Well I am happy to say that the suspension in this G20 in big improvement. The body roll has been cut down dramatically.

Engine And gearbox: ZF does a great job while the B48 is better than the N20 in responsiveness and sound.

Overall: G20 overall the is one of the better cars in its class. But it does not walk away with the title. Yes the Gulia is more fun to drive. BMW can not be arrogant in charging a much higher lease price compared to the competition. BMW should look at 2018 Honda Accord as an example. Honda was charging a high MF to the accord when it came out. In fact it was about $75 more a month to lease an Accord compared to a similarly equipped Camry. Even though the accord was a media darling sales suffered until Honda lowered the MF.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
Thanks for the review eazy! Sounds like BMW's refinement efforts for the B48 engine paid off. In the F30, I remember several Bimmerfest members reporting that the B48 engine in that car was less responsive and sounded worse than the N20 engine.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the review eazy! Sounds like BMW's refinement efforts for the B48 engine paid off. In the F30, I remember several Bimmerfest members reporting that the B48 engine in that car was less responsive and sounded worse than the N20 engine.

The b48 in the g20 has about 30lb more torque than the b48 in the f30 that could be the reason

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just dropped off my e90 for an oil change and saw a portimao blue loaded 330 in the show room. Absolutely beautiful.

·
2020 Z4 M40i
4,585 Posts

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
275 Posts
BMW can not be arrogant in charging a much higher lease price compared to the competition. BMW should look at 2018 Honda Accord as an example. Honda was charging a high MF to the accord when it came out. In fact it was about $75 more a month to lease an Accord compared to a similarly equipped Camry. Even though the accord was a media darling sales suffered until Honda lowered the MF.
Isn't the MF always outrageously high during the first 6-12 months or so of a new model release just to gouge the "gotta have it" crowd?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 49 Posts