BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knew when bmw is going to put out a new generation 3 series? I saw a pic of the new 7 series, looks nice but is the 3 series due for a new body style too? Also, is there a set amount of years that bmw introduces new body styles?

thanks for any info

Jin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've also herd a release of 2004-as a 2005 model. Where did you get that info?

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
JPinTO is correct. 2005 Sedan, 2006 Coupe.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
There are no pics available yet that I'm aware of. It is still too soon.

In the meantime, enjoy the current design. Such a beauty! :D

--SONET

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is truly a beauty, but I was just curious if i should spend extra $ on upgrades on my current one or just save the $ for a trade when the new generation comes out or not. Can anyone confirm that the new generation will be released in 2004 for the 2005 model?

thanks

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
You can trust Alex when it comes to these matters. If anyone knows, it's him. :thumb:

I'm growing suspicious that he has little cameras mounted in the conference rooms at BMW headquarters. :lmao:

--SONET

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Just wanted to add.. you could always start saving now so you can get the M3/4 in what... 2008? ;)

Has the waiting list started for that one yet?

--SONET

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Jinky206 said:
It is truly a beauty, but I was just curious if i should spend extra $ on upgrades on my current one or just save the $ for a trade when the new generation comes out or not. Can anyone confirm that the new generation will be released in 2004 for the 2005 model?

thanks
Trust me... it's 2005 release for MY 2006. So you are looking at a 3 1/2 year wait!

#1. That's a long time to be waiting.

#2. If you add another year for debugging with a new model (like I do) rather than be the guinea pig, then you are looking at a 4 1/2 year wait.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Jinky206 said:

thanks
Don't mean to be rude, but NOBODY would have that type of advanced info. If someone has that type of information, someone in BMW AG should really be fired. There's so much industrial espionage going on, from one car manu. to another to get a leg up on their competition that prototype information isn't usually released, even within the company, until the cars go on the production line.

What I can say, is one of the concepts submitted by DesignWorks U.S.A. that MAY have been on display looks extremely promising, and that if that model does get designed and produced, I may be trading in my coupe in another 5 years.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
SONET said:
I'm growing suspicious that he has little cameras mounted in the conference rooms at BMW headquarters.
Hehe, I thought nobody has noticed them :D

BTW, all joking aside, Hack is absolutely right. There is no single bit information on the next 3-Series available yet

On the other hand, the new 5 Series is cruising around Munich rite now but that's all. We haven't even seen sketches or drawing of the 'new' 3 Series. And we even don't know if they are going to be called '3' ;)

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Hehe, I thought nobody has noticed them :D

BTW, all joking aside, Hack is absolutely right. There is no single bit information on the next 3-Series available yet

On the other hand, the new 5 Series is cruising around Munich rite now but that's all. We haven't even seen sketches or drawing of the 'new' 3 Series. And we even don't know if they are going to be called '3' ;)
Alex.... give him the real goods! You've got spy photo's of the 2006 E56 buried in your PC don't you??? Fess up! :lmao:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wouldn't wait for the new 3 Series

4.5 years is an ETERNITY in automotive time. The program could be pushed back a year, or two. It can be pulled ahead a year. The industry is so dynamic because of profit concerns or competition or quality issues or some tire explodes or some kid eats an airbag, whatever. Bottom line is, waiting for car changes is like timeing the stock market. You just never know...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seven year life cycles are pretty much etched in stone at BMW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts