Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2002 530i 5-spd w/ sport and premium options last Sunday. I have been looking for a car like this pretty much 5 years. Wanted a silver/gray color and a private party. I thought I missed out forever since lately the cars I have seen show their age and I wanted a nice one. Finally found one that I liked even though it is far from a garage queen.

It's our fourth car and the purchase made no practical sense. I have a 91 Saab 900NA as daily driver and I can keep that one running for very little money for pretty much forever. On top of that, with the rear seat down, I can fit my MTB in there without having to take the front wheel off. If I want a more fun drive to work on days I don't ride during lunch, I have a 89 911 Carrera Targa to enjoy the California sunshine. My wife has a 2002 Passat Variant 1.8T 5-spd, which is perfect for her daily commute and the family trips.

But then again, what the heart wants....

I do pretty much all the maintenance on my other cars and have used the different forums extensively. Looks like bimmerfest will be perfect for my new purchase. I have plenty of questions but will do the searches first. I already found a ton of information. Got my oil filters, brake fluid, and leatherique on order and will dig in this weekend.

I included the obligatory picture of our new family member.

Thanks, Harold

Attachments

·
Don't Judge Me!
4,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I like SAAB as well. Hope you and your wife enjoy the ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts