BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welcome me! ;)

I am picking up an old E30 (86) 325IS next week. I had an E30 (87) 325e in end of high school though college back from 95-2000. I am looking at going ALL through the new to me IS. Now that I am older and have more $ to play with - still not as much as I want/need! ;)

The car has everything I have been looking for, and nothing I didn't like about my old 325e (automatic, 4 door). My major question for you all is: How hard is it to drop a E36 M3 motor in one of these cars? I see many have done it - but what things do I need to know before I begin the project.

TIA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
elcrapo. I was freaked about that. Think I ought to just look for a early M3?

·
Registered
676 Posts
DAMN MATT , i guess ill never ask about racing you !!!! I'M really believing you're cabby's
gonna drop some jaws and be straight PIMP !!!!!:bigpimp:

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
hehe, ive got all the conversion parts so i can do it quick. the engine has 32K on it. Im getting the strut parts sand blasted and powdercoated. Should give it that clean look under the car. As well as respraying the underbody.

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
wish i had more pictures of the progress but its raining like mad around here. For days now

·
another E30 nut
916 Posts
my original thread for this cabrio was barn find. ive since ditched the headers and the M20 engine and im going S52. I will be starting another thread on the engine conversion and suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts