BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody i recently got a 06 530i it is alot of fun to drive im not quiet sure what to do yet because i havent seen to many fixed up tan BMW's.
to do list:

1. Darker Window Tint, I Always have 20% up front and 5% in the back

2. HID Fog lights

3. Headlights need to be restored im going to try if not, new headlights not sure a good kind though, need ideas.

4. Possible new grille, not sure if i want to black the car out, probably not since my wheels are chrome.

5. New Headers, brand names?, quality?

6. New Exhaust, on my truck i had a pretty loud exhaust i dont want a ricer sound just something to know that im there and i like to drive by the sound not by looking at rpm's, what is a good kind to get? i have no clue i only know of the truck exhausts, after all this is my first import i am an all american country buy for the most part. i just figured i like this and its german so its the next best thing.

7. K&N cold air Intake.

8. put a couple inch drop, i dont want to slam it though

9. anybody have pictures of a tan bmw, i would like to get some ideas

not sure how to add pictures once i figure it out i will post a picture

· Registered
735 Posts
3. Headlights need to be restored im going to try if not, new headlights not sure a good kind though, need ideas.

5. New Headers, brand names?, quality?

6. New Exhaust, on my truck i had a pretty loud exhaust i dont want a ricer sound just something to know that im there and i like to drive by the sound not by looking at rpm's, what is a good kind to get? i have no clue i only know of the truck exhausts, after all this is my first import i am an all american country buy for the most part. i just figured i like this and its german so its the next best thing.

7. K&N cold air Intake.
I can help you with these few things.

3. Its easier and possibly a lot cheaper to get then professionally restored. A used set is anywhere from $500 (if you find a deal) to $1k

5.You can get them but you might have a hard time finding them. Are you looking for performance gains?

6. You can go with an RPi exhaust which is about $900 or with magnaflow. The magnaflow setup is documented just do a search on here or the other 5 series forum. You can also youtube both of them just search for e60 530i magnaflow or e60 530i RPi. You decide but magnaflow will be cheaper.

7. Get a K&N filter and a RPi scoop. You will lose power with a cold air intake. Do a search and you'll see.

Good luck and happy modding:thumbup:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I can help you with these few things.

3. Its easier and possibly a lot cheaper to get then professionally restored. A used set is anywhere from $500 (if you find a deal) to $1k

5.You can get them but you might have a hard time finding them. Are you looking for performance gains?

6. You can go with an RPi exhaust which is about $900 or with magnaflow. The magnaflow setup is documented just do a search on here or the other 5 series forum. You can also youtube both of them just search for e60 530i magnaflow or e60 530i RPi. You decide but magnaflow will be cheaper.

7. Get a K&N filter and a RPi scoop. You will lose power with a cold air intake. Do a search and you'll see.
3. Got it i will check that out.

5. yes performance.

6. oh wow i didnt know exhaust cost that much, like i said before i had a truck with a gibson that cost me about 500.

7. oh ok. whats RPI? sorry i dont know much about cars?

oh and do yall have any ideas i can do with it i only have seen black or white bMW's no tan ones.

· Registered
735 Posts
3. Got it i will check that out.

5. yes performance.

6. oh wow i didnt know exhaust cost that much, like i said before i had a truck with a gibson that cost me about 500.

7. oh ok. whats RPI? sorry i dont know much about cars?

oh and do yall have any ideas i can do with it i only have seen black or white bMW's no tan ones.
Ok, about the headers, I can't find much about them but if the headers for my car are any example the ones for a 530 are gonna be around $4k.

The exhaust setup really depends on what you are going for and what you want to do. Do the youtube search and chose the sound that you want and research from there. I did a search for you on magnaflow here:
http://forums.5series.net/index.php...&search_term=magnaflow&search_app=forums&st=0
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=18577721&pp=25

Here's some link to RPi and a trusted vendor for them:
http://www.raceprecision.com/2009/ RPi's homepage
http://www.trinityautosport.com/exhaust-525i528i530i545i550i-p-131.html Vendor page for RPi exhaust
http://www.trinityautosport.com/intake-c-1_2_3_49.html?osCsid=112bd25871c425aedfc84f71e45d82c2 Vendor page for RPi scoop and replacment filter if you want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.