BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you guys have hazed headlights i would push for new ones and dont take no for a answer. new headlights that arnt hazed make the car look brand new from the front.
enjoy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, how did you get them to give you that new headlight??, tell me what you told them. I tried and they told me they were cover for the first 12000 miles from when the car was sold and after that you would have to buy them

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, how did you get them to give you that new headlight??, tell me what you told them. I tried and they told me they were cover for the first 12000 miles from when the car was sold and after that you would have to buy them
thats BS. if you still have the 6/100k warranty remaining they should change them. are your headlights hazed? if so show the serivce manager your headlights and another 7 thats on the lot. i told them that the haze is effecting the light output and i feel unsafe driving at night. let me know how it turns out if you need more help let me know.

·
President
8,098 Posts
i think they sell a film that will cover over that headlight and protect against rock chips, so buy that now

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
they do make the car look new mine comparing to my friends you feel like his car is old as heel and you really cant see at noght with this hazy ones

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
i think they sell a film that will cover over that headlight and protect against rock chips, so buy that now
rock chips arnt the problem. 7 series & 6 series tend to haze on the inside lens for some reason. also the headlights arnt completly sealed

That looks good.

Just like mine. :thumbup:
i tried to copiy your avtar with the last pics:angel:

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
wow thats sexy, soooo damn crystal clear

·
Former Supporting member
825 Posts
Niccceee ! they look fantastic ! :thumbup:

Even if they are not covered by warranty, the front cover can be cleaned and polished with dedicated polishing paste that will get it back to nearly brand new look !

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That looks great, and I agree, new headlights/covers will transform a front end of a car, as it did yours and mine not too long ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
couple questions:

1) are we talking about just the COVER? like i know i had to replace them on my e46 a couple times...

2) if so then this q doesn't matter but i was going to ask did you have take out the AIBs and re-install in the new assembly?

if it's just the the clear lense i don't see why they would give people a hard time- i cant see that part being that expensive....now if we're talking about a whole new headlight then thats diff-

i'm new to the 7- like i said on the 3 it would just be an easy cover change-

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Niccceee ! they look fantastic ! :thumbup:

Even if they are not covered by warranty, the front cover can be cleaned and polished with dedicated polishing paste that will get it back to nearly brand new look !
That looks great, and I agree, new headlights/covers will transform a front end of a car, as it did yours and mine not too long ago.
thanks guys... even if you sand the outside of the lens it wont help. it will maybe take 10% of the haze off beacuse the headlights are hazing up from the inside so sanding the outside wont help as much.

couple questions:

1) are we talking about just the COVER? like i know i had to replace them on my e46 a couple times...

2) if so then this q doesn't matter but i was going to ask did you have take out the AIBs and re-install in the new assembly?
1. we are talking about the actual headlight assembly
2. the dealer switched out the AIB from the old headlights to the new ones

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks guys... even if you sand the outside of the lens it wont help. it will maybe take 10% of the haze off beacuse the headlights are hazing up from the inside so sanding the outside wont help as much.

1. we are talking about the actual headlight assembly
2. the dealer switched out the AIB from the old headlights to the new ones
wow- so the AIB hook up just like the stocks? also why wouldn't the lenses just get changed out-

again i'm coming from an e46 3 and the angel eyes had separate ballasts and most dealers wouldn't touch your lights if you have them installed-

also like i said when my lights were scratched/fogged up i was able to get new front clear plastic lenses

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow- so the AIB hook up just like the stocks? also why wouldn't the lenses just get changed out-

again i'm coming from an e46 3 and the angel eyes had separate ballasts and most dealers wouldn't touch your lights if you have them installed-

also like i said when my lights were scratched/fogged up i was able to get new front clear plastic lenses
they are real plug & play unlike the umnitza angel eyes. the build quality is better on the AIB compared to stock beacuse the oem housing is made out of a plastic and the AIB is a metal body. its not possible to change the lens out on the e65 ou have to change the whole headlight assembly

1 - 20 of 39 Posts