BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice

Hello,i'm new to this site i hope i'm posting this in the right place. I'm restoring a 1991 750 IL and i bought an engine from another car for it. As of now it just lays on the floor in my garage and i was wondering to buy some parts for it. Especially the ignition threads but after doing some research that will put me back for about as much as $800 dollars. Now i found a guide online and there was this guy who bought just the leads from a 735i and mixed it somehow that it would work. Where would i get these leads? Here's a link to the guide. http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/Replacing_sparkplugWiringV12/ReplacingSparkPlugWireSet_V12.htm

Best regards._a__a2_

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,I need some advice i'm restoring a 750IL V12 to its former glory. I bought another motor for it in good condition as of now it is just laying on my garage floor. Before it goes into the car i want to change the spark plugs,Rotor distributor,distributor cap and ignition threads. So far i've bought the plugs and i'm waiting for the cap and distributor. But the threads are super expensive $800 or so. So i was thinking if there is a cheap way around this. I saw online this guy who bought just the leads from a 735i for $150 both banks. Sounds a little good too be true kind of deal. But what can i do? I'm looking for some advice.

Regards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts