BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Honda Odyssey / Transmission Failure

978 3
Just verifying the hypothesis that even the mighty Honda has reliability issues, my sister in law's new Honda Odyssey with 3K miles just had its transmission go out. She put it in drive, gave it gas... van no roll forward. Luckily, Honda has offered to trade them a new van.

The dealer made a comment like "I'm amazed Honda hasn't formally issued a recall." Seems to me like Honda is most concerned with their image of reliability being publicly tarnished.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
If the new Odyssey is having tranny problems, I'm sure Honda will get right on it. They can't afford another tranny fiasco like the one they had about 2 years ago.
Is it the same tranny? :p
Kaz said:
If the new Odyssey is having tranny problems, I'm sure Honda will get right on it. They can't afford another tranny fiasco like the one they had about 2 years ago.
Um, Hondas have issued a number of recalls for the last year or 2.
HankM3 said:
The dealer made a comment like "I'm amazed Honda hasn't formally issued a recall." Seems to me like Honda is most concerned with their image of reliability being publicly tarnished.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.