BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
can you explane me better in pm? thanks
You can't simply replace ENTRYNAV2 with another one. Will triger Component Protection. It needs special preparation but it is doable as I did it last week successfully.
CarPlay could be activated in a different way than FSC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can't simply replace ENTRYNAV2 with another one. Will triger Component Protection. It needs special preparation but it is doable as I did it last week successfully.
CarPlay could be activated in a different way than FSC.
For carplay is not a problem, i have the tool for do carplay on entryevo, the problem is the repair unit, is not possible without fsc 170. I don't know what you mean for special preparation, maybe jtag

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
For carplay is not a problem, i have the tool for do carplay on entryevo, the problem is the repair unit, is not possible without fsc 170. I don't know what you mean for special preparation, maybe jtag
It is as I wrote above. Once CP is triggered in ENTRYEVO, only Dealer can remove. As for Special Preparation, a working ENTRYEVO Emulator / CAN Filter must be used until original OEM FSC Codes are Imported, and then it can be removed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello together,
i have retrofitted an entryevo with a can filter in my f22. When i start it for the first time after connecting everything works, so carplay, apps and navigation.. but after next start or restart nothing works and the error memory says swt test failed. May it be that my emulator is not working correctly and someone was able to fix this problem.

I still have the donor car and the FSC kit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Hello together,
i have retrofitted an entryevo with a can filter in my f22. When i start it for the first time after connecting everything works, so carplay, apps and navigation.. but after next start or restart nothing works and the error memory says swt test failed. May it be that my emulator is not working correctly and someone was able to fix this problem.

I still have the donor car and the FSC kit.

Thanks in advance.
Is CP Triggered? Did you read Fault Codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is only one error in the error memory, which reads: SWt test failed, initialization not possible

then the FSC are all on rejected.

CarPlay works normally in full screen, but as I said, after a restart i can no longer call up carplay, as soon as I install the entryevo in the donor car for reactivate the FSC and get the whole thing working again.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
There is only one error in the error memory, which reads: SWt test failed, initialization not possible

then the FSC are all on rejected.

CarPlay works normally in full screen, but as I said, after a restart i can no longer call up carplay, as soon as I install the entryevo in the donor car for reactivate the FSC and get the whole thing working again.
What is Fault Code?

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
sorry, the fault codes are: 026303 and 026304
I never see these codes before. If you have cheap Chinese Emulator, I would not trust it. Get Car Systems / Custom Retrofit one:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apparently there is a way to activate carplay for entrynav2 (enaevo) if it has ATM and wifi port. Check the link below:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apparently there is a way to activate carplay for entrynav2 (enaevo) if it has ATM and wifi port. Check the link below:

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Yes, Provisioning Hack.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
I wouldn't know. I don't make money out of this... But it makes me wonder that "blackmail" doesn't bother you. I think it is what made us look for / suggest alternative solutions in the first place. Or isn't this our purpose in here?
Neither do I make any money, and I have no idea why you presume that what you describe as "blackmail" doesn't bother me. I simply explained how alternative process was being done. I don't like BMW AG's insane FSC Code pricing at all, and I could care less if you use OEM FSC Code solution or Provisioning hack, just understand the difference, and the Pro's and Con's of both, and choose what's best for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Neither do I make any money, and I have no idea why you presume that what you describe as "blackmail" doesn't bother me. I simply explained how alternative process was being done. I don't like BMW AG's insane FSC Code pricing at all, and I could care less if you use OEM FSC Code solution or Provisioning hack, just understand the difference, and the Pro's and Con's of both, and choose what's best for you.
Because you did not comment on the "blackmail" but stuck with wether it is "hack" or not.. Fair enough, and I was not implying that you make money, but BMW...

Last, we are a community trying to help each other out. So its good for owners to know that ANYONE HAVING AN ENTRYNAV2 bought BEFORE March 2020, IS ENTITLED to CarPlay ACTIVATION, as long as the HU has wifi port and car has ATM. The S/W is already preinstalled, so no additional S/W is installed. The owner has the right to activate CarPlay by any means if he has previously contacted the authorized dealer and has received a negative reply. BMW is accoutable, not the customer. It is a basic customer right / equal treatment to have what the next customer has. This changes after March sales, because BMW announced that FSC 134 codes will not be sold separately. If they have officially done so... "Hack" and "brick" are words used to intimidate and prevent people from doing it.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Because you did not comment on the "blackmail" but stuck with wether it is "hack or not.. Fair enough, and I was not implying that you make money, but BMW...

Last, we are a community trying to help each other out. So its good for owners to know that ANYONE HAVING AN ENTRYNAV2 bought BEFORE March 2020, IS ENTITLED to CarPlay ACTIVATION, as long as the HU has wifi port and car has ATM. The S/W is already preinstalled, so no additional S/W is installed. The owner has the right to activate CarPlay by any means if he has previously contacted the authorized dealer and has received a negative reply. BMW is accoutable, not the customer. It is a basic customer right / equal
treatment to have what the next customer has. This changes after March sales, because they announced that will FSC 134 codes will not be sold solely. If they have officially done so... "Hack" and "brick" are words used to intimidate and prevent people from doing it.
It's a 143 CarPlay FSC Code, not 134, and it is still possible to order it solely if car has factory Navigation Option. Without factory Navigation Option, it can be ordered only in conjunction with 115 Navigation Application FSC Code.

"Hack" as in "Provisioning Hack" is not meant to intimidate anyone. It's simply an accurate description of the method employed. As I wrote above, one can use either method, just understand what you are getting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Apologies for the typo. Yes it is 143, and it was possible to order it even without Navi till last March. Then they changed policy to either order both CarPlay + Navi, or solely CarPlay if and only if you already had factory Navi. The important thing here is to know that BMW owes to anyone willing to buy it the CarPlay activation. Since the factory refuses, the car has the required specs, and it was bought before March 2020, it is not illegal). This is what we should focus on and not to define "hack". I think we are on the same side here, but we focus on different things)) Thank you Shawn.

121 - 140 of 187 Posts