BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have read all the posts and I want to ask you something. I will make the long story short. I bought f30 lci produced 04/2015. According to the vin of the car it had entrynav without navigation. Currently the car have entrynav 2 and component protection is not triggered. When I start the car I see this (attached picture). So is it possible to make this head unit work? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
Maybe. PM sent.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Hello everyone,
I have read all the posts and I want to ask you something. I will make the long story short. I bought f30 lci produced 04/2015. According to the vin of the car it had entrynav without navigation. Currently the car have entrynav 2 and component protection is not triggered. When I start the car I see this (attached picture). So is it possible to make this head unit work? Thank you in advance. View attachment 1024573
Just VO code the HU, it will be back

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
Just VO code the HU, it will be back
ENTRYNAV2 was retrofitted. Car requires FA Changes, FSC Codes, Emualtor, etc.

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
no need

just VO code it and everything is back, tested many times on EntryNAV2 / EntryEVO
How do you know FA has been changed to support new ENTRYNAV2, and that he has Emulator etc.?

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
EntryNav/EntryEVO no need any FA, just VO code it
ENTRYNAV vs ENTRYNAV2 are different FA's. And again, we do no even know if required Emualtor is installed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think Shawn is right. I removed the head unit and there is no emulator. Also the car FA is modified (not by me). The option 645 is removed and there is 606 on its place now. The production date is not modified too.

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
just give me 7 char VIN and i can compute original FA and then VO code
Well, car needs a Modified FA, not original FA, and he needs Emualtor. I'll leave it at that. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Well, car needs a Modified FA, not original FA, and he needs Emualtor. I'll leave it at that. :)
one more thing is i don't know the HU has OABR connection as 2015 vehicle might be connected to the main connector instead of the other connector

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
one more thing is i don't know the HU has OABR connection as 2015 vehicle might be connected to the main connector instead of the other connector
If he wants to flash ENTRYNAV2 in car, then need to move Ethernet wires from Quadlock to OABR connector.

In OABR connector there is also connection for ATM to get GPS data, but if ENTRYNAV2 has GPS Port, he does not have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ENTRYNAV2
Shaw, amazing job man. Reading your posts few days, on many thread's. Thx from all, who U help.
Also, can you help me? Have f39 vs ENTRYNAV2, american map, need to update for europe. Have some trouble with maps, car said once sometimes like "Use correct map"? But I already use Way map. & Also bmw F11 with cic, fsc code generated, but car said not correct fsc.
Maybe PM me, if U could help me

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
Shaw, amazing job man. Reading your posts few days, on many thread's. Thx from all, who U help.
Also, can you help me? Have f39 vs ENTRYNAV2, american map, need to update for europe. Have some trouble with maps, car said once sometimes like "Use correct map"? But I already use Way map. & Also bmw F11 with cic, fsc code generated, but car said not correct fsc.
Maybe PM me, if U could help me
PM sent.

Reactions: AndrewF13

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
Hello, can i activate carplay on Bmw i3 2019 with navigation way Europe entrynav2, thanks
I think i have the antenna wifi
PM sent.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have read all the posts and I want to ask you something. I will make the long story short. I bought f30 lci produced 04/2015. According to the vin of the car it had entrynav without navigation. Currently the car have entrynav 2 and component protection is not triggered. When I start the car I see this (attached picture). So is it possible to make this head unit work? Thank you in advance. View attachment 1024573
Hello again everyone,
Thanks to the great help of shawnsheridan and Gerry my head unit is working with carplay and latest navi maps. I only have one issue. When car goes to sleep it loses bluetooth settings and I have to pair my phone every time I start the car. In ista I have the following errors (please see the attached picture). Any one have idea what could be the issue?
Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
40,882 Posts
Hello again everyone,
Thanks to the great help of shawnsheridan and Gerry my head unit is working with carplay and latest navi maps. I only have one issue. When car goes to sleep it loses bluetooth settings and I have to pair my phone every time I start the car. In ista I have the following errors (please see the attached picture). Any one have idea what could be the issue?
Thank you in advance for your help. View attachment 1030504
It's acting Like Component Protection has been triggered. Are those all the Fault Codes or only Head Unit Fault Codes? Any BDC Fault Codes?

141 - 160 of 187 Posts