BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Yes, can be. Is Emulator this one From Custom Retrofit?

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Yes I am using this one
It should work. You need to check FSC Codes Status with E-Sys and see if they are all Status Cancelled or Rejected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All the FSC codes are accepted. Carplay and navi are working fine. The only issue is that when the car go to sleep the headunit forgets all the bluetooth devices I have connected. After that when I go to manage bluetooth devices the previous owner phones are listed and mine phone is not. I delete the previous owner phones, connect mine and everything works fine. The next time the car go to sleep it is the same again. Also those two errors in ista will appear again. Apart from that everything else is fine.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
If all you have is ISTA errors, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Yes it is ista errors and the bluetooth nothing else. It is very annoying to connect on every start up.
No idea on it. Error Codes are SWT, indicating an FSC Code Issue, but there is no FSC Code for Bluetooth function, so it makes no sense..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes I have tried. When car goes to sleep my phone disappear and the phones previously connected (from the previous owner) come back.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Yes I have tried. When car goes to sleep my phone disappear and the phones previously connected (from the previous owner) come back.
i will be honest with you. I had this problem before on a unit and i did this:

1. HU_SPECIAL_NBTEVO_REPAIR_NAND from DEV_UDS
2. steuern_routeine - STEUERN_BT_DELETE_ALL_PHONE_ID - reboot HU
3. recreate NBTevo system directories from SSH - Reboot HU
4. Try again.

P.S. i also flash it but don;t think flashing will solve it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i will be honest with you. I had this problem before on a unit and i did this:

1. HU_SPECIAL_NBTEVO_REPAIR_NAND from DEV_UDS
2. steuern_routeine - STEUERN_BT_DELETE_ALL_PHONE_ID - reboot HU
3. recreate NBTevo system directories from SSH - Reboot HU
4. Try again.

P.S. i also flash it but don;t think flashing will solve it.

What are all these things?

·
Registered
24 Posts
A little update. I think the emulator have something to do with my problem. When connecting bluetooth device the headunit shows BMWXXXXXX where xxxxxx is last six digits from fsc donor VIN. After 7-8 minutes the errors appear in ista. When errors appear and if I try to connect new bluetooth device the headunit shows BMW999999 not the FSC donor VIN. When this happens I check FSC status and they are all rejected but no matter that navi and carplay are working. If I leave the car go to sleep or unplug the emulator for 5-6 seconds the FSC donor VIN returns, all the FSC codes are accepted again and if I reconnect the phone carplay works too. So what do you think? Could it be defective emulator?

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
A little update. I think the emulator have something to do with my problem. When connecting bluetooth device the headunit shows BMWXXXXXX where xxxxxx is last six digits from fsc donor VIN. After 7-8 minutes the errors appear in ista. When errors appear and if I try to connect new bluetooth device the headunit shows BMW999999 not the FSC donor VIN. When this happens I check FSC status and they are all rejected but no matter that navi and carplay are working. If I leave the car go to sleep or unplug the emulator for 5-6 seconds the FSC donor VIN returns, all the FSC codes are accepted again and if I reconnect the phone carplay works too. So what do you think? Could it be defective emulator?
No. You need to ensure power supply in Quadlock is on KL 30B which is permanent 12V from battery and not KL.30F which gets disconnected when car goes to sleep.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
161 - 180 of 187 Posts