BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive 2012 328i and it's been a pain in the butt to not be able to use iDrive like I used to when I had iPhone 4 (I currently have iPhone 5). They had to take in my car for brake changes and etc. for a few days so I had the X3 2014 as a rental. This was when I noticed the new iDrive was just completely different - its interface looks different, it recognizes iPhone 5 by bluetooth, it distinguishes regular songs from Podcasts, it reads Asian language (what the heck?!).... Life was just so much better with this new iDrive. I've asked the dealer shop a few times about upgrading to this interface, and they give me different answer each time. Once they said it was impossible. The other time, they said all I need to get is the adapter converter. Last time I went, they told me to get the software update from bmw.com/update.

Do any of you guys know how to GET this new iDrive? Is there a way to purchase this? I'm in dire need of an answer!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a '12 328i and it recognizes my iPhone 5s via bluetooth. I never listen to podcasts but for Pandora, Spotify and calls. Do you have the technology package? My mom just got a '14 x3 without the technology package and while it reads her iPhone 4 for calls, it does not stream music via bluetooth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts