BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't seem so good...

from the ipodyourbmw.com site's Compatibility Menu said:
The interface is compatible with the 3, 5, 6, and 7 Series, Z4 Roadster, X3 SAV and X5 SAV vehicles.
However this device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer and/or SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

*CD CHANGER CAN BE REMOVED TO INSTALL THE IPOD ADAPTER.
That sounds like $1200 worth of options I have to eat, plus whatever the interface costs! The CD changer I won't use and had sort of resolved giving it up. Not that I really care about SIRIUS either as bad as it sounds but I did pay for it and I know others do like it and use it.

And it is not even clear if it can be added to a car with SIRIUS. Must not be enough memory or power in the iDrive computer to get all that working at once :dunno: , but what a drag if I am reading this correctly. Email to my SA tomorrow for clarification.....:eek:

That Monster Cable iCarCharger is seeming better every day :rolleyes: .

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
I have already posted my experience with the Interface on Bimmerfest and several people already asked about a conflict with Sirius (which doesn´t exist by the way).

The Interface uses the CD changer port so obviously both cannot be present.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jspira said:
I have already posted my experience with the Interface on Bimmerfest and several people already asked about a conflict with Sirius (which doesn´t exist by the way).

The Interface uses the CD changer port so obviously both cannot be present.
Yes, I see now - conflicting info on the WEB site, but reading the Press Release confirms what you say....

Press Release said:
Since the new Interface is compatible with SIRIUS satellite radio as well as the recently introduced HD Radio, owners will be able to enjoy a broad selection of high fidelity broadcast music sources as well.

·
Freude am Fahren
19,696 Posts
stevepow said:
Yes, I see now - conflicting info on the WEB site, but reading the Press Release confirms what you say....
Would there be any reason for what I said to need such confirmation?:angel:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts