BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Kenwood DMX7705s installed. The salesman failed to mention I needed a harness of some type for my steering wheel controls to work with the radio. Idata link not sure about but it is compatible with my radio not sure if so with car. Replacing stock speakers next. A back speaker is fluttering with certain songs. Going with JLs as replacement

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
Swing over to Crutchfield.com, enter the year and model of your ride, then do a search for your Kenwood radio. On that new page, on the mid-right hand side, you'll see "See the installation gear you need". Look thru the listing, click on each image in the MOST FEATURES listing to see the Metra part number for the additional cable(s) that you need. Armed with that number(s) and "Google is your friend" to find a source for it.

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
No guarantees, but it's a start. Prices for speakers are good there too as well as their Customer Support when you buy from them. Good luck! :thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect since I replaced my factory radio with a kenwood I no longer have Harman kardon system assuming that***8217;s what was in there

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s good to know. I didn’t have the navigation. Crutchfield wants to know Harman Kardon with Navi or without. Just replacing two back speakers. One flutters depending on song. Cars an ‘04 M56 engine. Made repairs involving vacuum leaks. Twice now P1449 code comes up with no other codes. One problem to the next. Crazy though cause car rides great. Get 22.5 miles to the gallon. I’m not complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts