1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not really a topic for the E60 section and in any case the 4 series’s is by far not the worst looking of the hyper sized grill generation cars. The X7 is what I think is the worst one.
Worst of all most of the huge sized grills are not even open for air to pass through. It is all in order to apparently please the Chinese market where the size of your grill equals the size of your.....
Hopefully they will come to their senses and offer a Grill for each continent. If not hopefully a Chinese will offer an aftermarket front section with a smaller and more esthetically front section.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Worst of all most of the huge sized grills are not even open for air to pass through. It is all in order to apparently please the Chinese market where the size of your grill equals the size of your.....
Hopefully they will come to their senses and offer a Grill for each continent. If not hopefully a Chinese will offer an aftermarket front section with a smaller and more esthetically front section.
It's curious to me that they already make longer wheelbase versions and even unique models (1 series sedan) for the Chinese market yet they don't just make the big grilles for that market and have regular sized ones for the rest of the world. You'd think it would be cheaper to just put the big grille on a regular model and ship it off there while calling it a new special model.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For what it’s worth, when I picked up my M4 on Euro Delivery last September I asked my delivery guy why they were going to such large grilles. He said it was to please the Chinese and American markets.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I really hope the m3 touring comes this way...but I really doubt it will...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Every BMW will have this HUGE Grill, part of the latest marketing strategy, ( also keeps some young pup in a job )
Actually, from what I have read, the bugs bunny grills will not be on all BMWs. The 8 series, e.g., will continue to have traditional horizontal grills. But the cars are unbuyable with the bugs bunny grills.

·
Law Enforcer
1,339 Posts
Actually, from what I have read, the bugs bunny grills will not be on all BMWs. The 8 series, e.g., will continue to have traditional horizontal grills. But the cars are unbuyable with the bugs bunny grills.
The new 2 is getting the newer style grille, albeit proportionate to its size. The i4 will have it as well. The 8 isn’t even relevant; that car got nixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 14 of 14 Posts