Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made it home tonight after driving a 1985 M635 Euro from Texas to MD. What a trip! The car performed very well although the 100+ temps in Arkansas and east TN sure made the AC work hard. The car is absolutely awesome and I will post some pics as soon as I get it cleaned up. It spent its entire life in TX after being imported into Houston and going through the EPA/DOT process. The nicest thing about it is its originality as almost no mods have been done other than an updated radio (I do have the original Becker unit). It has been impeccably maintained and needs very little other than a good detailing. Clearly, it was made for the autobahn, the faster you go the better the car feels. I stopped at the BMW dealer in Knoxville to have the maintenance lights reset and quite a crowd gathered around the car. Many said they had never seen an M635 Euro before. Does anyone know how many are actually in the US? If anyone knows someone on the bigcoupe forum, please ask them to activate my account. I have been waiting for weeks for an email with the link to reactivate my account. Thanks.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,141 Posts
I took care of the message to the BigCoupe.com admins. :thumbup: I hope they contact you soon to get you signed up again.

Looking forward to pictures of your 6er!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took care of the message to the BigCoupe.com admins. :thumbup: I hope they contact you soon to get you signed up again.

Looking forward to pictures of your 6er!
Thanks for the help on BigCoupe.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the quality. Couldn't find my camera so I used the wife's Kodak.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Few More Pics

Clean engine compartment
Clean trunk
Complete tool kit
Nice 3 piece BBS wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congratulations !! Great looking M635 !! I know it will be welcome at the Southeast Sharkfest, and many other events in this area (The Vintage, Carolina M Fest, Euro Classica, Euro Auto Festival, for example).
I hope to see it in person in the coming season :)

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations !! Great looking M635 !! I know it will be welcome at the Southeast Sharkfest, and many other events in this area (The Vintage, Carolina M Fest, Euro Classica, Euro Auto Festival, for example).
I hope to see it in person in the coming season :)
Roger that! I am retiring in December, for the second time and for good. I hope to become more active in E24 events as well as local BMWCCA chapter events. Thanks for the compliment. I am very pleased to have found this well cared for automobile. Found a few issues today that need some attention but rather minor. One fog light mount is broken and one piece of rear panel trim is loose. Mechanically, it is in great shape. Former owner was an electrical engineer and practiced old school maintenance and never left the car outside unprotected. Paint is original and in great shape as is the interior.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
This car is incredible - looks like she is in good hands :). Congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts