BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 316i which has done 40,000 km but as in all cars parts deteriorate rapidly due to disuse. I bought it from the previous owner who used it very carelessly - apart from anything else it had white spots etched on it due to some chemical that had accidentally sprayed on it and it took me considerable effort to get it rubbed down and repainted. Then I had to have the entire cooling system replaced as every part of it radiator, water pump, thermostat, clutch fan was seizing up. Now I have a peculair problem - the ignition key has stopped turning in the barrel - it won't turn this way or that! I am not a mechanic but have a good man who knows how to deal with these things instinctively. He has got me back on the road by taking the ignition switch off and I turn it by inserting a screw driver into the key slot in it! More worries - one shocker is leaking and so is the silencer and one knock sensor has packed up!
Thanks for looking
Sorry to filli you all in with my woes

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,309 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. Be careful starting your car with a screwdriver, the police may think you stole the car. :thumbup: :roundel:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts