BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Royal Oak, MI. I have two BMWs. I brought a CPO 2004 Z4 3.0 6 speed a year ago from Competition BMW on Long Island. I absolutely love the car, but I only can drive about 6 months. And roads in Michigan is pretty horrible. It hurts me just to feel the unavoidable pot holes that the car goes through. I already replaced both front tires and realigned the wheels.

And a few months ago, I unexpectedly sold my VW GTI and upgraded to an another CPO BMW. This time is a X3 3.0i. I really wanted a 6 speed. But, they are so hard to find one. Plus, I am very picky about the color and options. So, I end up with a All Black with automatic and Sports package. I work in the automotive industry. I use to be a development engineer worked on GM high performance vehicle engines. A lot of my friends told me not to get the sports package because the harsh ride from the stiff suspension. It is pretty stiff, but nowhere near the stiffness of the Z4. I test drove a X3 without Sports package. The handling is significantly better with sport package. I drove on the curvy mountain roads in Pennsylvania. The X3 handles amazing. I feel it handles better than the GTI I had. Compare to other SUV, the ride a bit more harsh, but handles 10 times better. Then again, it is a BMW, the ultimate drive machine.

I am in the market for a new house. Therefore, I have t get sell one of the BMW. Most likely, I will sell the Z4. It is just a bit more practical for me to have to X3 which I can drive all year around. If anyone interested, let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts