BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This post serves both as a board-specific introduction for myself, and so that I can get a little bit of help over here. I purchased my '96 Z3 last week, previously owned by the late, great FredR, who some of you may know. Fred was a frequent patron of my family's car workshop, and I hopped on the opportunity to own a car that had such a history with its previous owner. I've been working on restoring parts of the interior that have deteriorated since the time in which they were installed, and right now my focus is on the steering wheel Fred installed this steering wheel in the car a while back, for its small diameter and use in track racing. My current problems with the wheel are that the leather is falling apart in many places from wear, giving the wheel a dingy appearance and uncomfortable grip. In addition, this is my first manual transmission car (I jumped right into the deep end!) and I'd probably be better off with an airbag on my steering wheel while I'm adjusting to the car. Fred left behind a box of steering wheels, and I picked up another 6-bolt racing wheel in better condition, should I ever want to put the adapter back in for track use. I really don't want to go back to the clunky, rectangular OEM steering wheel. Can anyone steer me in the right direction of some airbag-equipped wheels besides the stock one? Will wheels from M roadsters work, or are there any reliable aftermarket alternatives?

Thanks for the help, and I look forward to being a part of the community! :)_a__a2_

1 - 1 of 1 Posts