BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I'm having a huge problem trying to find a part for my car to give to my mechanic. I have a 2008 335xi 4 door sedan. I am NOT a car person, do not know anything about fixing cars, etc. I'm a 24 year old girl who bust her butt for my car lol! I have a mechanic friend who helps me out in saving costs for fixing my car but we are having trouble finding a Left Rear Axle. The deal between us is I find and pay for the parts and he fixes it. I've got to get my car back on the road so I can get back to my normal routine. It's been almost a month! So my question is does anyone know a good website where I can find reliable parts? I have no idea what I'm doing! I ordered one from Bavarian auto parts but the axle they sent does not fit my car.

Any suggestions ? I'd really appreciate it! :cry::cry:

-Ashlee

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Hi Cowbellfarm,

Welcome to Bimmefest. While your question about a good place to find parts is generic, I'm still going to move your thread over to the E9X subforum. We have a lot of good folks over there that will be more than willing to steer you in the right direction.

Personally, I've had good luck with Penske Parts and RealOEM for finding the correct parts with their extensive online parts catalogs.

Best of luck!

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
....we are having trouble finding a Left Rear Axle.
Why on Earth do you need one?

Here's a wee something....[click here] for an interesting discussion....Pelican Parts has an axle R&R procedure - bet they'll sell ya the parts too....set your Google to 2008 335xi rear axle

Cow Bell indeed....daughter owned the Flat Broke Farm.....it did go broke, 2008....

·
Registered
70 Posts
The reason that you cannot find an axle is because your's is probably the first e9# in the world that needed one. Axles usually last over 200k miles except on seriously tricked out cars. You may end up going to the dealer and ordering it from Germany (ouch!)

What happened? Slide into a curb? Tear a boot and ruin a CV joint?

Parts on line:

ECS Tuning If you hunt for your part on RealOEM, it will normally link you to ECS
Autohaus Arizona
Pelican Parts
Bimmerparts
FCP
There are many other excellent outlets that I am forgetting at the moment.

There are several dealers that sell parts on line at a slight discount. I think that BMW of Atlanta is one.

There are deep discount places like Rock Auto and Oscaro that are just fine, but you have to know what brand you want because the big discount parts places sell many different brands.

Rockauto sells Cardone parts from a manufacturer in China that builds and rebuilds BMW axles and driveshafts for a fraction of what the European parts manufacturers sell them for, and so far I have not heard anyone complain about those Chinese parts. I took a chance and got a Cardone axle for a 328 for $45 and it is still fine a couple of years later. I would be surprised if they sold one for your car though.

·
Bavarian Autosport
415 Posts
I wasn't aware the rears were a problem on these cars yet. The rears are specific to the XI and the automatics have a production split so if you bought a used one it would have to be from pretty much the exact same car. I'll make sure to get at least the original BMW part numbers added to our online store today. Fronts are already pretty common failure items on the E90xi's but that didn't surprise me. Seems like all AWD BMW's go through fronts. For those we sell a LOT of axles including a bunch of them manufactured in China. We don't have any issues with them in front applications. I did try a generic Chinese axle (not one we sold) in my old E30 once that didn't fit quite right and only lasted a few hundred miles before the outer boot blew out resulting in a big mess.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello! I'm having a huge problem trying to find a part for my car to give to my mechanic. I have a 2008 335xi 4 door sedan. I am NOT a car person, do not know anything about fixing cars, etc. I'm a 24 year old girl who bust her butt for my car lol! I have a mechanic friend who helps me out in saving costs for fixing my car but we are having trouble finding a Left Rear Axle. The deal between us is I find and pay for the parts and he fixes it. I've got to get my car back on the road so I can get back to my normal routine. It's been almost a month! So my question is does anyone know a good website where I can find reliable parts? I have no idea what I'm doing! I ordered one from Bavarian auto parts but the axle they sent does not fit my car.

Any suggestions ? I'd really appreciate it! :cry::cry:

-Ashlee
If its not rebuildable you should be searching junk yards. go to www.car-part.com and select Axle Shaft in part field. There are plenty available in your area going anywhere from $50 and up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.