BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Just got my brand new 2011 328 xi 6MT on Friday and took it out for a spin to the Hampton's last weekend! And let me tell you, this was the best drive I have taken... ever!Well, the Road to Hana (Maui, HI) was quiet spectacular but driving this beautiful machine was way more thrilling. The 6 MT was flawless, and only got better after the 300 mile mark!
From ripping through traffic in the 3rd and 4th gear, to 60 mile exit turns ( She really feels like she is on rails), I couldn't be happier!
To those that are worried if the 328XI is as much fun to drive, let me tell you! Its Fantastic!! Ofcourse, you have to get the manual and know how to use every bit of the 230HP and 200lb torque.
Also, would like to thank everyone out here for their valuable comments and posts which help new BMW members like me a great deal!
ps: Will post pics soon!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,510 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the 'fest. We're an impatient bunch when it comes to getting pictures posted. :)

·
Dedicated Airman
271 Posts
Hello All,
Just got my brand new 2011 328 xi 6MT on Friday and took it out for a spin to the Hampton's last weekend! And let me tell you, this was the best drive I have taken... ever!Well, the Road to Hana (Maui, HI) was quiet spectacular but driving this beautiful machine was way more thrilling. The 6 MT was flawless, and only got better after the 300 mile mark!
From ripping through traffic in the 3rd and 4th gear, to 60 mile exit turns ( She really feels like she is on rails), I couldn't be happier!
To those that are worried if the 328XI is as much fun to drive, let me tell you! Its Fantastic!! Ofcourse, you have to get the manual and know how to use every bit of the 230HP and 200lb torque.
Also, would like to thank everyone out here for their valuable comments and posts which help new BMW members like me a great deal!
Congrats on your new purchase! I can't wait to push my girl a little harder but I'm still in the break in period. Careful not to ride her too hard those first few hundred miles :angel:

And Damn I wish my wife knew how to drive a MT! I HAD NO CHOICE but to get Automatic as she absolutely refuses to try and learn MT. :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx Guys!! My wife agreed to let me have the 6 MT, but on a condition that I respect her "speed-limits" when she is in the car with me!! Sure I will!! :p And she says she would like to learn to drive manual! Well, I am happy to teach her, but surely not on my new baby! :)

·
Officially Contaminated
3,091 Posts
Hello All,
Thanx Guys!! My wife agreed to let me have the 6 MT, but on a condition that I respect her "speed-limits" when she is in the car with me!! Sure I will!! :p And she says she would like to learn to drive manual! Well, I am happy to teach her, but surely not on my new baby! :)
Sounds like a great weekend. Teach the wife how to drive the manual. She'll appreciate the grin on your face more when she knows how to drive it herself. I gave the GF a few lessons in a MT 2000 Toyota Corolla. She stepped up to the plate and took the 335i for the first time a few weeks ago. My knuckles were very white, but she did well. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition. As others have said, you will love the MT. Be careful teaching your wife though, once she gets the hang of it she may not give your keys back!:thumbup:

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
I bought my wife her own car so I don't have to deal with her sincerely intended input. I drive alone most of the time and am loving it!

Meanwhile, when I am a passenger in her car, this prime example of the XX gender, drives faster than I ever would!

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
The fact that you got a 328i derivative model shows potential Mensa material.

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
22,293 Posts
Hello All,
If it feels like it is on rails you aren't going fast enough. :rofl:

Congrats and good luck with the new ride.

CA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.