BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellow owners. I'm introducing myself here. I recently bought my first BMW 325i from a Gov't auction site. I have to say I was skeptical of 1) buyer a high end car that was used and 2) buying a high end car from an auction site with no information.

I must say I lucked out. I paid $1665.00 for it. It has 145k miles on it and it runs like a top. I have to put on new tires, brakes/rotors all around and a major detail/polish job. All in all, I think I will be happy. Fingers crossed! :)

Have a safe we Kens everyone!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congratulations! That's a hell of a deal potentially. If you haven't already I would take it to a specialized independent mechanic for a thorough inspection to know just where you stand. Definitely read through the wiki as it will tell you a lot of common problems you should look for/take care of.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,227 Posts
Please read our E46 Wiki, it will educate you about your new car. Your absolute first priority should be to make sure the cooling system is 100% reliable. The failure of ANY component (the old "Weakest Link In The Chain" theory) is likely to cause catastrophic engine damage before you even realize what`s going on. If this happens, you`re looking at thousands of dollars in repairs, so don`t take this lightly, it`s as real as it gets....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts