BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

767 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Llarry
Hello, just recently purchased a 2006 X3 and quite happy with it, drove a 325i touring vehicle prior

need new snows (tires, rims, etc) but not sure want to go route of dealer package ($2500); does anyone have any less expensive options (that won't jeopardize safety or performance)?

also have snows, BMW rims/caps from 325i, Pirelli 205/55 R16 for sale, at least two winters left on tires.....not sure what would be a reasonable price, paid over $2,000 for package from BMW couple years back; any advice for me?:)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Welcome and I'm sure you'll get some good advice on here.
For snow tires check tirerack.com

Welcome!
Our X3 also replaced a 325i Touring; nice upgrade -- welcome!

My normal advice would be to avoid the dealer for tires and look for an aftermarket wheel & tire package someplace that offers at least a bit of discount.

You've probably checked the owners manual already and seen that the optimum size would be 17 inches. Tires in either 215/60R-17 or 235/55R-17. Unfortunately, BMW does not recommend steel wheels for the X3 or any other AWD models. At least here south of the border there are plenty of reasonably-priced alloy wheels available.

And as far as your 16" set from the 3er, we have a classified section here where you can advertise for free. Shipping is high for a wheel & tire set so you might also try Craigslist to find a local buyer...
Hello, just recently purchased a 2006 X3 and quite happy with it, drove a 325i touring vehicle prior

need new snows (tires, rims, etc) but not sure want to go route of dealer package ($2500); does anyone have any less expensive options (that won't jeopardize safety or performance)?

also have snows, BMW rims/caps from 325i, Pirelli 205/55 R16 for sale, at least two winters left on tires.....not sure what would be a reasonable price, paid over $2,000 for package from BMW couple years back; any advice for me?:)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.