BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first bmw. I am grateful but also pumped. I drove my Bro e36 m3 when I was in high school and it just left an impression on me forever as the benchmark. Somehow all subsequent models didn't do it for me as far as styling --- and anyway I was finishing college and starting my life and couldn't afford them anyway. But thankfully, just today picked this up after waiting 3 months for the Build, or possibly all my life in another perspective.

These aren't the best pics but I'll post more up later.

I went mineral grey because it really made the contours pop for me. Also it's quasi sinister but in other ways subtle. I was worried it would hide the carbon accessories too much but it compliments well and it all looks clean. (If I were 10y younger i would have went for YMB but this color allows me to do triple duty as an exec, dad, and just some dude with a cool car)

The exhaust on the ZCP is absolute killer. Fully open, it's got this deep guttural sound, replete with the burbles when you let off the throttle like an American muscle car. But still distinctly German and refined.

Also got the 6 speed and I thought I wouldn't like the rev matching but it's not as bad as I thought. It seems to only engage when going directly from another gear. But if I am in N for a moment, like when coasting, I find I still need to rev match when engaging again-- which keeps the fun.

I also wasn't too excited about the rims at first, preferring the 19s that are black in the center and silver on the outside. But with this whole package I think it works and they've grown on me. They are actually flat but has this 3D optical illusion. I can't complain !

With the ZCP stuff and carbon lip, diffuser and carbon mirrors I can't think of anything I would want to do aftermarket, Cept maybe tint and something with the front reflector.

Thanks for reading and I am happy to post after stalking for so long !

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466220870.502606.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466220901.435331.jpg

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466220935.672940.jpg

·
Ich liebe mein BMW
3,700 Posts
Looking good, Congrats!

·
Go Dawgs!
1,072 Posts
Beautiful. Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Beautiful car, congrats. are you going to get a bumper buddy so you're bumper doesn't get too many bump/tap marks?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On interior, got just black leather with carbon. No leather dash. Prob no bumper buddy as usually park in decent places but that may not be a bad idea !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really like how mineral gray shows the lines of the car. Can the 19 inch black wheels be ordered with the competition package? The 20 inch wheels included are ok, but more elegant than sporty (IMO). I don't get why they would not put a more aggressive looking wheel in the competition pkg.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really like how mineral gray shows the lines of the car. Can the 19 inch black wheels be ordered with the competition package? The 20 inch wheels included are ok, but more elegant than sporty (IMO). I don't get why they would not put a more aggressive looking wheel in the competition pkg.
20s are the only choice so far.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Have you seen them in person (20s with the comp package)? They really do not photograph well. In person, they are pretty stunning IMO and plenty aggressive looking, with almost a 3D look to them.

Of course, to each their own, but most people are pleasently surprised when they see the wheels in person.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Looks great! 20" wheels in Manhattan. God bless you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you can prob order whatever you want but I figured if I am going to pay for the package might as well get all the package comes with. Not like they would lower the package price. But upon arrival, I must say I am very happy. They compliment the color of the car quite well and they turn heads. I really liked the 19s but ... Not being in the market for a while, and casually looking at rims, they reminded me of the m5 rims. I know they are not the same but feeling is for me. So it makes the car feel like a baby m5. Also since everyone gets the 19s it just looks normal to me now. I like the distinction and as you put, the classiness.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Final able to get this thing out to where I can get over 60 mph. Maybe first pick in the sun. Or against it at least. Still just my iPhone
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466799717.576719.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also my first (minor) gripe: the system always resets the settings when I start the car. Can "fix" that somehow? Also can I get something like waze to run on the screen in a white-hat way ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats I just picked my MG with black interior as well except I went with the dual clutch. Going from a GTR to this is interesting, but I am happy with the choice, perfect car for my needs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts