BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

new order

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  grkraj 
#1 ·
today I ordered 2013 328i sport line. i asked for a satellite radio as I was getting Harmon Kardon sound system but the sales person was telling me that I might get the satellite radio with sound system . is it true.

Thanks

#3 ·
In the initial quote it was mentioned that i can get satellite radio for the price I wanted. But now she was saying that satellite radio is not there. It is taken out or something. So my question is, will I get it with harmon kordon system or does it come only with premium package,
I ordered it as I was getting a good discount of around 5k.

#5 ·
I just went to BMW website and did the below configuration and you can see that I am able to get satellite radio with out premium package. Is this a bug on the site

Interior Leather
Black Leatherette/Red Highlight

My 328i Sedan
2.0-liter, inline 4-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
Base MSRP$36,850
Black Sapphire Metallic$550
Black Leatherette/Red Highlight$0
High-Gloss Black Trim$0
Lighting Package$900
Sport Line$2,500
M sport suspension$0
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission$0
Moonroof$1,050
Harman Kardon surround sound system$875
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription$0
Destination & Handling$895
Total MSRP$43,620
BMW Ultimate Service™
A suite of premium benefits that are included at no cost with all new BMW Vehicles.
4 Years/50,000 Miles Warranty
Included
4 Years/50,000 Miles
Maintenance Program
Included
4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
Roadside Assistance
Included

#6 · (Edited)
I don't know why it is showing that, however, satellite radio only comes with the premium package. The car comes prepped for satellite radio and it can be added as a dealer installed/activated option. Search "satellite" here and you can find more information about having it activated.

#7 ·
If satellite can be ordered only through premium package then I think it is bug in the BMW website. I mean the way I got it in my quote. I did it multiple times and I am getting the same.

So are you saying that I will be able to install satillite radio later if I do not get it with my order.

Thank you

#8 ·
If satellite can be ordered only through premium package then I think it is bug in the BMW website. I mean the way I got it in my quote. I did it multiple times and I am getting the same.

So are you saying that I will be able to install satillite radio later if I do not get it with my order.

Thank you
I built the car with your specs on the website and it did not show the satellite radio. Maybe an issue with the browser you're using? Anyway, it is only available from the factory as part of the premium pkg. Yes, you can have it activated later. $350 - $450, including a year of service.

#9 ·
Thats a relief that I can get the satellite later. I was getting HK audio so I wanted satillite radio.
Regarding the websitem you have select the premium package first then select HK radio. Now if you go and uncheck the premium package ,it leave the satellite radion in the quote. Check the link below which has my configuration. Hope you will be able to open it.

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/byo/byohome.aspx?ConfigurationId=3916784

#10 ·
The website has alot of those bugs
As for sat radio, the hardware is all there, it just needs to be activated by the dealer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.