Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I just bought a 2003 x5 3.0----and other than a few things I need to figure out like check engine light says Mis-fire but seems to run good, I cleared codes and started up and light popped right back on.
1. what type trans fluid ????
2. what p/s fluid ????
3. I have oil and air filter coming..
4. electric TILT for steering wheel does nothing????
5. replaced Battery today.
6. Have 2 window regulator"s coming.
7. what fuel filter and where ???

****Really want to get fluids changed quick, then I'll start figuring things out, Any help and advise would sure be appreciated, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hello All, I just bought a 2003 x5 3.0----and other than a few things I need to figure out like check engine light says Mis-fire but seems to run good, I cleared codes and started up and light popped right back on.
1. what type trans fluid ????
2. what p/s fluid ????
3. I have oil and air filter coming..
4. electric TILT for steering wheel does nothing????
5. replaced Battery today.
6. Have 2 window regulator"s coming.
7. what fuel filter and where ???

****Really want to get fluids changed quick, then I'll start figuring things out, Any help and advise would sure be appreciated, Thanks in advance
Buy yourself a BMW specific scan tool and scan for codes. That will help point you in the right direction of why you have a CEL or SES light.

BMW says the trans fluid is "lifetime". Lot's of discussion here and on Xoutpost about that.

If you don't really need to replace the fuel filter, don't. It's a major PITA. It's buried under the truck covered by a big plastic shield that has to be removed to get to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy yourself a BMW specific scan tool and scan for codes. That will help point you in the right direction of why you have a CEL or SES light.

BMW says the trans fluid is "lifetime". Lot's of discussion here and on Xoutpost about that.

If you don't really need to replace the fuel filter, don't. It's a major PITA. It's buried under the truck covered by a big plastic shield that has to be removed to get to it.
Thanks for response, It seem's like my scan tool read codes as should, I never have bought that lifetime trans fluid crap, seem's like they put a drain and fill plug for a good reason, I just ordered fuel filter--will change when weather is warmer, has 172K on car.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks for response, It seem's like my scan tool read codes as should, I never have bought that lifetime trans fluid crap, seem's like they put a drain and fill plug for a good reason, I just ordered fuel filter--will change when weather is warmer, has 172K on car.
I agree on the trans fluid. I have 226,000 miles on my X and have never changed the fuel filter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on the trans fluid. I have 226,000 miles on my X and have never changed the fuel filter.
I just ordered a fuel filter ($50.) is a piece of mind, I'm picking up trans fluid, oil & air filters-will get those done, then the window regulator's should be here.
**put new battery in today. Thanks Fifty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts